Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Norwhich was bad but worst you seen? Give me a  break. I can think of 5 games on top of my head by a country mile that were worse than that

8-0 Chelsea

6-1 Southampton

4-0 arsenal final

3-1 Luton

6-0 liverpool

Losing 6-0 to a redhot Liverpool side or 8-0 to a Chelsea side... it can happen. Dont get me wrong.. **** dreadful results and pathetic performance on our part.. but if you give half arsed performances against top sides.. they have the players to cause that damage.

Losing 3-0 to Brentford 3-1 to Barsnley 3-1 to Bristol etc. For me... is much much worse. Opposition is no way near as good.. yet we got tanked after spending all that money. 

Its just amazing how this season has paralleled to last season and i can see us going down.. whether we keep Bruce or not. 

Sherwood lost a lot of games start of last season.. we never got belted or lost by a big margin with his squad. Got sacked. Garde came in and it got worse.. RDM created his squad in the off season.. started ok.. didnt lose many admittedly.. but we werent winning.. losing leads and close losses... got sacked.. brought Bruce in and its gotten worse. Sack him now.. we will get another Mr Black character and we will get relegated to League 1. 

When will the rot end? What is going on? Dr Xia.. if there are bad apples.. pay them out and sack them before the poison completely destroys whatever is left of this club. 

• Like 2

It's a combination of what the likes of WoodyTom, Mantis and the guy who made quite a long post in the what is wrong with Villa thread.

People criticise the formations we play...maybe fair but I look more at mentality.

I think there's only 2 games this season where we've fallen behind in a game and claimed a point or a win. That to me is staggering. Tonight Huddersfield and Reading both turned 2-1 defeats with 20 minutes left into 3-2 wins and that's far from the first time either has done that this season.

Tonight I thought we played well for 20 minutes but as soon as we concede in any game our game just goes to pot and we usually lose.

That and the likes of Hogan, Hourihane and the rest all getting massive wage increases and so they stop working as hard as they've done at other clubs. It's not just us, look at Leicester and all the players there who've got new deals in last 12 months.

I'd have liked some of their highs though before the massive fall.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Someone said it the other day. Get Little as caretaker if he wants it

No. Nice guy, but the game has moved on since his time.   If we did drop out of the Championship his name will forever be linked with our demise. 

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely feel massively sorry for people who are still defending this piece of sht. 

I'm not defending him but I don't think its fair to refer to him as ^ that.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

I felt like a right f***wit for defending him this week as I sat through that horrendous performance.

God we are a f***ing joke of a club at the moment, even with a good owner who is willing to invest and has done so we're getting played off the park by Barnsley at home.

Just looking at the Barnsley match stats.

We had 57% of the ball (60+ in first half). So we know the formation is working to an extent.. compared to the 30% with the 532. So i hope he sticks with what he did against Barnsley. 

We had 22 shots to their 7 and they scored 3 goals. (6 each on target)

Our goal keeper was rated 4.8 out of 10. Next lowest was Hutton 5.3 Amavi 5.4 Hourihane ta 5.5 and Hogan 5.6 grealish 5.7. Too many under performing. Our CB's were 7.0 and 6.6. So we cant blame them. Looking at their right hand side were all in the 8's/10. So they tore Amavi/Kodjia and Hourihane a new one. I have noticed Hourihane arriving late to mark his man in the box and Amavi being quite terrible lately. Kodjia is not one to track back and help and when he did.. he sliced that awful clearance. 

Hogan had no service but i dont think we have a striker on the books that can compliment him. (besides McCormack) 

So what do we do?

1. Bunn MUST start. Dont care if Johnstone has terms in his contract that he must play. Tear it up.. pay Man Utd out and send him back. Proper liability. Defence has no confidence in him.

2. Pray Taylor is fit at LB. Amavi to move forward in the left wide role as he can assist in getting back and helping out.. as that side is quite underdone. 

3. Pray Jedinak is back

4. Drop Kodjia and Grealish

Against Newcastle.

-----------------------------------------Bunn--------------------------------------

Bree------------------Chester--------------------Baker-----------------Taylor

----------------------------------------Jedinak------------------------------------

---------------------Lansbury----------------------Hourihane------------------

Adomah--------------------------------------------------------------------Amavi

----------------------------------------Hogan-------------------------------------

Green to come on for Amavi if we need a fresh attacking approach. Kodjia for Hogan when he tires. We cant play them together. It doesnt work and we need the extra man in midfield.

I hope RHM is back as we lack options upfront.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I did. That's why I've been saying Bruce out for weeks to anyone that will listen

And the one draw we were 2-0 up and **** imploded.

These guys have not justified their **** wages. Using the club just for a pay day and week after week performing like **** losers

I have some sympathy with him. I think he wants to shift the club away from the 'drift mentality' that has seen us gently and not so gently decline in recent years.

I think he now recognises that he made too many changes in January - but I can see why he wanted to freshen things up... we have been so fragile for so long and been taken for a ride by so many.

I think he has limitations as a coach and I think this may be even more difficult than he thought but I don't see him shirking it. He is and will be honest about it. 

Amongst many other failings he won't get players to play for him by coming out talking about them having high wages.

Its hardly good man management, and it won't work.

He is increasingly doing all he can to say the problems are caused by anything except him.

• Like 1

The run of results suggests that we should part company.

Apart from really bizarre substitutions, constant changes in formation and, poor team selection, he failed to get a player in to fill the most important part of that team and that's someone to sit in front of the back four.

I liked Jedinak before he came to Villa but haven't been impressed with his overall performances during his time here. However, there's no denying that our back four look more solid with that cover in front of them. Since he's been out we've struggled badly to nullify threats of opposing teams and Chester has lost the plot as a result of it. Bruce was aware of Jedinak's fitness during January and should have ensured that cover was brought in. Lansbury is not the answer and by playing him so deep we're costing ourselves a player who could do a lot of damage at the other end of the pitch. 

Bruce will pay with his job for not bringing in another defensive midfielder in January. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Amongst many other failings he won't get players to play for him by coming out talking about them having high wages.

Its hardly good man management, and it won't work.

He is increasingly doing all he can to say the problems are caused by anything except him.

I know what you mean but then we haven't done very well over recent years allowing players to rob a wage without responsibility. 

From what I heard last night, he was willing to admit his mistakes - reckons he might have changed too much too soon etc.

Is it the job? I mean, you can go to Hull and Birmingham and do your thing with relative ease. This is Villa and as Steve rightly said at the beginning, it's the biggest job he's had. 

And how true is that for some of the others? Sherwood and Garde had short times at 'big' clubs, but not enough to fully sink their teeth in. 

I just feel maybe these managers come here, realise its a huge club and instantly go into a 'do not lose' mentality instead of doing their normal thing. 

Honestly it's almost like we need a Ranieri type. Someone who's been around a long time in management, managed at the highest levels and won't go into negative mode because it says Aston Villa above the door. 

RDM nearly had that confidence and swagger we need. Almost. Except he knew he didn't have a long experience at the top to back it up and as soon as the crowd turned, he reverted to 'do not lose'. 

[/IMHO] 

• Like 2

Â