Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Makes a nice change for a Villa manager to make a handful of signings, previous incumbents always used to trot out the "it's difficult to get anyone in the January window" line.

Nice work Brucey

Well, that didn't go to plan at all...

• Like 1

The morning after the night before and sadly it was real :(

i was surprised bree didn't start ahead of Hutton as I don't see what Hutton brings to the team - in fact to be honest I think our keeper and both full backs are poor .

amavi defensively is all over the place as Is Hutton and both constantly out of position - as for the defence as a whole we look a nervous wreck with Johnstone behind them -he inspires no confidence whatsoever and seems weak at crosses, positioning, shot stopping and distribution - dreadful.

bruce has had a good window bringing in quality players but he must use them to their strengths not bypass the midfield .

Apart from recent shocking away performances (which he seems to have no idea why they happened ) he to me has made 2 glaring errors in bringing gabby back into the fold and bringing Johnstone in rather than an experienced keeper .

Steve Bruce is paid to manage villa - coaching and tactics need to improve as do results and FAST !

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Steve Bruce has been a manager for nearly 20 years and Villa are by far the biggest club he has managed. He has bounced around from one noddy club to another with no great expectations placed upon him and he has won sod all.

Why anyone thinks with his track record he is going to prove to be a far better manager than the long line of numpties we have engaged over the last 6 or 7 years is beyond me.

This is how it is going to be folks, he knows no other way and he will not be upscaling his skill set.

• Like 3

Biggest in terms of 1890-1900s history or? Cause on past few years we are no bigger than Sunderland or Hull. 

Achieving promotion with a pretty average Hull side in my opinion is a pretty good achievement, not many managers have won any cups as well. Who the hell would come to us that with that calibre? I really have no clue  do you want us to re-sign Di Matteo again cause he won CL? 

Edited by Alakagom

Even taking into account new players that was a shambles. 5 goals conceded in 2 games and the solidish defence has fallen to pieces as well .

Just no organisation throughout the team.If I turned on not knowing we had signed players I'd have throught Westwood etc where in midfield as once again it didn't function at all and we looked like we were a man down there was so much space.That was with 3 in there so how is a 4 4 2 going to work we will just be over ran more 

I don't know how he fits those MF into a 4 4 2 if you assume Jedinek comes back in as a DM then that leaves one place for the 3 in brought in.

The fullbacks are constantly left exposed and still when attacking we can't not muster the basics of full backs overlapping with any success.

Kodjia is left isolated and we just hit balls to him hoping he will create something by himself 

Damning stat at moment is Warnock at Cardiff has more points than Bruce in same time ..

At this point season is close to a write off ,I can't see where will pick up form to challenge the top 6 and the top 5 are miles away anyway it's only the one promotion place slightly within reach but Derby who are well in form are now in that position .So I guess he will be given more time but if things at don't improve before end of season he is going to be under alot of pressure 

26 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Steve Bruce has been a manager for nearly 20 years and Villa are by far the biggest club he has managed. He has bounced around from one noddy club to another with no great expectations placed upon him and he has won sod all.

Why anyone thinks with his track record he is going to prove to be a far better manager than the long line of numpties we have engaged over the last 6 or 7 years is beyond me.

This is how it is going to be folks, he knows no other way and he will not be upscaling his skill set

Because we've been in the Premier League for the past 20 years. Bruce's success is mostly in this division. We're now in this division.

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I remember his record breaking losing team that made me stop watching any football. 

The kind of football that started this giant losing mentality snowball 

No it had already started by then IMO 

22 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

and Leicester are the biggest club in England. :cheers:

Well to be fair they are the champions of England, so at the moment they could possible be seen as the biggest club in some people's eye's. 

He needs to address the way he approaches away game. I'm getting tired of him coming out and saying "yeah that was embarrassing and we apologise to the fans who travelled"...  The main embarrassing thing is how negative we are, it needs sorting.

Kodja was completely isolated last night 'cos we had every other player behind the ball. It's terrible. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A tad off topic, but it's hard to keep a straight face claiming we're some massive club when we've been making up the numbers and have won **** all for 21 years.

Hey, let's not forget the 2001 intertoto cup.

• Like 1

Seems it took 10 minutes for the life to drain out of the new signings, that's got to be a new record surely?

Anyone else seriously starting to think the shirt is a curse?

Maybe time to ditch the claret and blue, it's pretty much the only thing we haven't changed!!

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Seems it took 10 minutes for the life to drain out of the new signings, that's got to be a new record surely?

Anyone else seriously starting to think the shirt is a curse?

Maybe time to ditch the claret and blue, it's pretty much the only thing we haven't changed!!

Remember Barry Fry pissing on every corner flag at the Sty?

The problem we have is that it's our away form that's shite. We'll need to send Bruce to have a wee on every other team's corners. Fortunately, I heard that Bruce is quite good at climbing fences. ;) 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

It's quite phenomenal that we're one the only teams unbeaten at home this season in the entire football league yet our away record is one of the worst.

Something at least for us to build on.

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A tad off topic, but it's hard to keep a straight face claiming we're some massive club when we've been making up the numbers and have won **** all for 21 years.

Who is claiming we are some massive club?

Â