Next Villa Manager

Richard

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well that's not true is it? It's based on what people are putting money on. Before we appointed RDM, Pearson was the favourite, then people started putting money on RDM and he became the favourite, then that went quiet and Pearson became the odds on favourite, then it swung back in RDM's favour. 

OGS was nailed on favourite for ages, he didn't get the job. 

Speaking about bookies odds as if they are true to what will happen is just silly, especially when there's so many accounts of it not being that way.

Yay. Brucey boy it is.

Apart from OGS the only other managers that went odds on with no other manager near them were Sherwood, Garde and RDM. Not just favourites but odds on. When that happens I expect the appointment so I don't think it's silly at all.  Not once did Pearson become odds on favourite with no other manager in site. You're making things up to make your point. 

What I do think is silly is pages and pages of chat about managers that were never going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apart from OGS the only other managers that went odds on with no other manager near them were Sherwood, Garde and RDM. Not just favourites but odds on. When that happens I expect the appointment so I don't think it's silly at all.  Not once did Pearson become odds on favourite with no other manager in site. You're making things up to make your point. 

What I do think is silly is pages and pages of chat about managers that were never going to happen. 

I said Pearson was odds on, was he not? I'm fairly certain he was, possibly on multiple occasions? 

Welcome Steve. 

You weren't my first choice, but you have experience I can get behind.

Arguably the best manager to ever grace the championship is ours. UTV. 

Edited by Sam3773

19 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Scheduled to announce the new manager tomorrow! Time for all to stand together and back the team! Believe we've made the best try! #UTV

"Believe we've made the best try" says to me "We've tried to get better but been left with the best we can get for where we're at". 

Welcome to Brucie if it's him. Let's give him our support and try to turn things around. We won't manage it divided! 

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

oh dear. what a shocking player. His performance vs us at Hull couple seasons back was one of worst performances I have ever seen that even commentator was taking the piss out of him

Thought he was a key player for Hull when they got promoted, has pace and seems like a workhorse, something we could do with

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think he ever was. 

Just a very quick google...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/654884/Remi-Garde-sacked-next-Aston-Villa-manager-odds-Nigel-Pearson-Premier-League-news-gossip

Former Premier League boss odds-on favourite to replace Remi Garde at Aston Villa

NIGEL PEARSON has been installed as the favourite to take over from Remi Garde at Aston Villa.

Garde only came in as Villa boss last November when Tim Sherwood was sacked with the club bottom of the Premier League.

But the Frenchman has been unable to rouse the team, with only two wins in his 20 league games in charge.

It leaves the former Arsenal midfielder 12 points from safety and preparing for life in the Championship.

Telegraph reporting £3M per year deal. Jaysus... If that's correct thats almost ten times Sean Dyche's premier league wage and probably makes him in the top ten paid managers in the country, top 30 in the world.

This is Steve fricking Bruce. 

Edited by Dale

Just now, Dale said:

Telegraph reporting £3M per year deal. Jaysus... If that's correct thats almost ten times Sean Dyche's premier league wage and probably makes him in the top ten paid managers in the country, top 30 in the world. 

If he gets us promoted be best money invested

• Like 4