Next Villa Manager

Richard

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dyche isnt coming so I dont see why we are even debating it.

Not that I think we will be hiring him, but all you've got for the above statement is your own opinion - even if you've phrased it as a statement of fact.  Which isn't enough to stop people from debating it.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dyche isnt coming so I dont see why we are even debating it. Has a manager ever left a club 14th in premier league to join a team 19th in the championship? i dont recall it ever happening espically if their job is not in any immediate threat

First time for everything - who would have foresaw Benítez managing in the championship!  I actually think it could happen IF Dyche is tempted by Xia's money and ambitions.  I am actually not fussed if it is Bruce or Dyche.  Both would be solid appointments who would improve us and both know how to get out this league.  If I had to lean one way it would be Dyche, just because a bit younger and plays decent football.

Edited by Gary Thomas

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

DyChe wanted to spunk 6m on Ashley Westwood. Not sure I want him anywhere near a boat load of money. That said, he's not quite as boring as Steve Bruce.

According to the press, who are incredibly factual allllllll the time.... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If I had £100 to wager on the next Villa Boss, I would go with £25 Sam Allerdyce, £25 Chris Hughton and £25 Mancini (would be tasty odds) and a cheeky £25 on Candle face.

If you are making bets like that then it's no wonder you don't have £100./p>

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

DyChe wanted to spunk 6m on Ashley Westwood. Not sure I want him anywhere near a boat load of money. That said, he's not quite as boring as Steve Bruce.

after being linked with westwood he went out and got defour, someone who if you believe the press we couldnt convince to join us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dyche isnt coming so I dont see why we are even debating it. Has a manager ever left a club 14th in premier league to join a team 19th in the championship? i dont recall it ever happening espically if their job is not in any immediate threat

Agreed.

But would that put Dr Tony off trying ? 

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If I had £100 to wager on the next Villa Boss, I would go with £25 Sam Allerdyce, £25 Chris Hughton and £25 Mancini (would be tasty odds) and a cheeky £25 on Candle face.

With those selections?.. You might have a spare £100 if you stopped spending it on crack! :D

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10613601/burnley-manager-sean-dyche-not-interested-in-aston-villa-job

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is not in the running for the Aston Villa job, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

A number of leading bookmakers slashed the odds on Dyche succeeding Roberto Di Matteo at Villa Park on Tuesday afternoon, with the 45-year-old installed as the second favourite behind former Hull City manager Steve Bruce. 

However, SSNHQ understand Dyche is keen to stay at Burnley and remain in the Premier League rather than drop back down to the Sky Bet Championship. 

Villa owner Dr Tony Xia is understood to be considering the final shortlist of candidates, which is thought to include Bruce and interim boss Steve Clarke.

• Like 1