Next Villa Manager

Richard

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don't get to go too many games due to my work, but I'm not wasting my time going when I can spend time with my family. Will always love the villa and will follow them with as much passion and pride as before. Just don't waste my time and money on watching a Steve Bruce villa team. Simple as! 

I really hope he is a success and I get these words rammed down my throat next season, but I have a personal long held dislike for the man,. Just because he will villa manager won't change that. 

Perfectly entitled to hold that opinion.

• Like 1

if it is to be Bruce, i hope he gets us up and we then say thanks but no thanks, now do one, and then we get someone a lot better in to take us up a level.

A statement of intent from the Dr.

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

He's on a downward trajectory, he'd be a short term appointment, dubious playing style , dubious loyalty record to those clubs he has managed and compared to Rowett he has a shit personality. 

Even thouse actively promoting Bruce on her recognise he shouldn't be a long term solution and we should get rid of him as soon as we get up, if we get up. For me the long term benefit of this club is not served by another short term appointment . I'd like someone to come in and build a dynasty and identity . That is not Bruce and if it is meant to be Bruce I don't want his identity imprint on the club

I was hoping that would be RDM to some degree, the problem is now I juat can't see wgo we can realistically attract who can fill that role. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

It's Bruce or Clarke 

It would surprise me very much if Clarke was one of the final 2. Hasn't had any real success as a manager in the past. 

Great assistant but as the main man for a promotion charge? I can't see how anyone could see it. 

Surprised nobody has opened a Steve Bruce welcome thread with that rick astley song as the announcement link*. Think that would fill the what's your tipple thread right up!

*don't do this, it would be childish and naughty :ph34r: 

After a Kafkaesque five moon in Milton Keynes , i'm glad to report that the sheepy is still breathing , albeit with the odd puff of the inhaler , 

As for my opinion on who should take the wheel . The man who will be the quickest in planting a winning mentality .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I feel your pain and a little of my love for the club dies if it's him

The thing is Richard all it takes is 2-3 wins and he has already done better than the last two managers (three if you include Eric cack) I don't like fist face but even I have to admit he is probably best equipped to get this squad playing and winning games. 

49 minutes ago, Richard said:

He's on a downward trajectory, he'd be a short term appointment, dubious playing style , dubious loyalty record to those clubs he has managed and compared to Rowett he has a shit personality. 

Even thouse actively promoting Bruce on her recognise he shouldn't be a long term solution and we should get rid of him as soon as we get up, if we get up. For me the long term benefit of this club is not served by another short term appointment . I'd like someone to come in and build a dynasty and identity . That is not Bruce and if it is meant to be Bruce I don't want his identity imprint on the club

Agree Bruce would be a short term appointment, but as I said previously sometimes you need short terms goals to be hit, in order for longer term goals to come to fruition. 

He got promoted last season, hardly a downward trajectory

I'd say Rowett's playing style is no better than Bruce's and I couldn't care less about a managers personality, I care about results.

Fow what it's worth, Bruce isn't my choice but I don't get why he's hated by some.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 4