Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

2nd choice is a bit more realistic in Michael O'Neill, a very shrewd tactician and generally is a very positive man without being a spoofer. Has overachieved in his last two jobs. Jonny Evans who is probably one of the smartest professional footballers in world football recently mentioned how shocked he was that no clubs have come in for him.

agreed, he did a great job with Rovers here in Dublin and a brilliant job with Northern Ireland

not sure the part that Jonny Evans is one of smartest footballers around but the rest I agree with ;)

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

agreed, he did a great job with Rovers here in Dublin and a brilliant job with Northern Ireland

not sure the part that Jonny Evans is one of smartest footballers around but the rest I agree with ;)

9 As in his GCSEs although I'm not entirely sure how impressive that is. Academic intelligence obviously doesn't equal footballing intelligence but I'd consider him a decent judge of a manager.

Somewhat on topic Steve Bruce's talent as an author is worth noting.

https://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel/293169

Bright red blood on the knife blade.

The knife in my hand.

Duffy’s dead body stretched out on the locker room floor…

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Okay, I said earlier I no longer gave a toss, but I've read this thread and am reinvigorated.  I now have l List of Managers I would be happy to see here......

Big Sam.............Hughton........MON..........Garde...........McCarthy.........Rowett........Michael O' Neill......Dyche......Howe........Neville.....Giggs......

Potato Head..Smith........Clarke.............Wagner...McLaren...Grayson...........Southgate......Sherwood.......

On the other hand, there are some I wouldn't touch with a bargepole......

Wagner...McLaren...Grayson...........Southgate......Sherwood.......Michael O' Neill......Dyche......Howe.....Rowett........Garde...........McCarthy.........

Big Sam.......Smith.....Hughton........MON......Giggs....Neville........Clarke........

:rant:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TB said:

Way, way before my time, obviously, but when taverns allowed a customer to drink all day for tuppence, the sixpence coin contained enough silver to allow it to be easily bent, so it was nicknamed 'a bender'. Hence the expression 'going on a bender'.

I thought "going on a bender" was going to a gay club.:)

35 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

1st choice for me is Marcelo Bielsa, might be difficult to get at this stage but if Dr Tony is willing to splash £15m on Championship strikers then he might be able to make an offer worthy of the great man. He could finally sort out the culture of the club and leave a platform for others to build on.

2nd choice is a bit more realistic in Michael O'Neill, a very shrewd tactician and generally is a very positive man without being a spoofer. Has overachieved in his last two jobs. Jonny Evans who is probably one of the smartest professional footballers in world football recently mentioned how shocked he was that no clubs have come in for him.

Michael O'Neill , good call

Wagner for me. Never heard of him until recently but the more I read and see the more I like. This season is almost certainly a write off now so let's take a gamble on someone who has the pedigree and potential to be something special. 

• Like 2

RDM was sacked 124 days after being appointed. This thread was started after 119 days. Villa fans lasted almost 4 months before writing him off.

I really hope the next manager is actually given some time. It really is a joke how we get through them. 

• Like 2

Harry Redknapp apparently just said he would take on the job and wouldn't ask for a wage until we were in the top six on TalkSport.. 

.. We could do worse. With Tim as assistant, obviously. ;):ph34r:

• Like 2

The size of our club may be an inhibiting factor to getting the right manager....its paradoxical I know ...but what the club needs and what the team needs, maybe different now.

We are close to the second division.....if this form continues.

we have discarded players featuring in opposition teams that are turning us over......we need to get back to basics and address the poor judgment that has been employed.

The new manager that appears right for the club, may not be the same manager that is right for the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

RDM was sacked 124 days after being appointed. This thread was started after 119 days. Villa fans lasted almost 4 months before writing him off.

I really hope the next manager is actually given some time. It really is a joke how we get through them. 

If RDM had performed better he would have been given time. I really hope the next manager is deserving of actually being given time as if he is it is good news for us

• Like 1