Next Villa Manager

Richard

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Any possible European options available?

I think Tony should be willing to invest in an exciting appointment instead of relying on the open market. Someone who might be tempted by what is a solid squad given the right management. 

Murat Yakin?

POT 1 Old tried and tested been around the block managers who have succeeded and failed at other clubs

Hodgson, Bruce, Mccarthy,  Warnock,  Allardyce, Pullis, Mclaren, Holloway, Grayson

POT 2 Managers who are on the upward trajectory still youngish and may be able to instill a succesful winning dynasty looking for the big step up

Howe, Dyche, Rowett, Flores, Smith, Hughton

POT 3Current flavour of the month types

Phelan, Wagner, Johnson

POT4 Untried and untested coaches who have proved nothing and would be a massive punt

Giggs, Rangnick, Neville, Bradley

POT 5 Never going to happen in a month of sundays managers

Hiddink, Mancini,  MON,

POT 6 Tim Sherwood

Any from POT 2 please

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard said:

POT 1 Old tried and tested been around the block managers who have succeeded and failed at other clubs

Hodgson, Bruce, Mccarthy,  Warnock,  Allardyce, Pullis, Mclaren, Holloway, Grayson

POT 2 Managers who are on the upward trajectory still youngish and may be able to instill a succesful winning dynasty looking for the big step up

Howe, Dyche, Rowett, Flores, Smith, Hughton

POT 3Current flavour of the month types

Phelan, Wagner, Johnson

POT4 Untried and untested coaches who have proved nothing and would be a massive punt

Giggs, Rangnick, Neville, Bradley

POT 5 Never going to happen in a month of sundays managers

Hiddink, Mancini,  MON,

POT 6 Tim Sherwood

Any from POT 2 please

Lee Johnson in Pot 2 or Pot 3?

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'd add current Northern Ireland manager, Michael O'Neill, to that pot.

13 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Instead of choosing who would be our favorite manager right now, unfortunately I think we need to look at it a bit more business like..

We need a certain type of manager to get our squad working and promoted,  then as much as I dislike it if we do get promoted we need to replace them straight away with a different type of manager...

Someone like bruce/fat sam/Warnok would do the first job well,  then onto someone Wagner later once promoted.

I heard someone once say on the radio you need 3 squads,  one to get promoted from the championship,  another to stabilize in the prem,  then another to push for anything...

This probably needs 3 different types of manager also.

We need to focus on what we need now - not what we would like in the prem.

By the way I can't stand Warnok but like a previous poster mentioned do you think our squad would get away with poor performances if he was waiting for them afterwards?

A good post and one well worth considering......we need to understand what "we have become" and not what most of us "wants us to be"...and appoint a manager to deal with "what we are".......as a team.

14 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Any possible European options available?

I think Tony should be willing to invest in an exciting appointment instead of relying on the open market. Someone who might be tempted by what is a solid squad given the right management. 

A solid squad?.....its a squad, i will grant you that.

Solid.....not so sure about that bit.

9 minutes ago, West said:

Irrelevant who comes in.

The more pressing question is how long do they get to turn this sinking ship around. 6 games? 8 games? 10?

I would imagine they will get until the end of january and if they are half decent they will have us further up the table with some wins under their belt.

52 minutes ago, BOF said:

You could apply the above to any manager.  Villa are cursed etc etc.  We need to bring someone in and none of the usual lot appeal to me.  I look through the bookies odds and despair.  Wagner, as a former protégé of Klopp at Dortmund, is the most intriguing candidate for me and represents the most exciting option.  He actually knows what he's doing, as evidenced by his previous, and even moreso his current role.  I could probably make an argument for going with Steve Bruce on the basis that promotion is the be-all, and he knows how to achieve it.  But as a fan, if given the choice between a clearly up-and-coming manager like Wagner or Steve Bruce then I'll take Wagner.  But if it's not Wagner, then I'll take Bruce over the other lot.

Exactly where I stand right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's astonishing, it really is.

Tim's personality cult. He told it like it is and he really cared, 'ad pashun.

Conveniently ignoring he was dreadful and by the end looked ready to keel over or have a breakdown.