Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Might not be negative, with the wing backs it can go attacking or defensive, gives us options on the fly, decent line up except would rather Tish started instead of Westwood

It is though. Id rather an extra body in midfield or upfront than at the back. Last week's performance was disgraceful. Formation didn't work. The way we were playing was great.. we were unlucky not to have more points.. wish he had more Faith in it.

• Like 1

I think it's:

Gollini

Chester Elphick Baker

Bacuna                                  Amavi

Adomah Westy Jedi  Ayew

Codger

(Christmas tree formation)

Edited by alreadyexists

Not sure why people see 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 as a purely defensive/negative approach. It's a good shape to start with as it's highly adaptable without having to make subs or major system changes.

Looking forward to this game. I'm hoping it's these or SHA that we first properly click against.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoaxn said:

Not sure why people see 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 as a purely defensive/negative approach. It's a good shape to start with as it's highly adaptable without having to make subs or major system changes.

Looking forward to this game. I'm hoping it's these or SHA that we first properly click against.

The last game we played it we failed to have a shot on target. It doesn't seem the most attacking way we could play. 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it's:

Gollini

Chester Elphick Baker

Bacuna                                  Amavi

Adomah Westy Jedi  Ayew

Codger

(Christmas tree formation)

So basically we remove one striker and put in one more center back? Might be wise considering we concede fairly much and create many chances. Anything that works!

Btw I thought 4-3-2-1 was the classic christmas tree formation, but I guess any formation that looks like a tree can fall in to that :-)