Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The best side we'll play this season.  Let's be the best side they play.  This one will be interesting more than anything else because it'll show me just how far off them we are; if at all.  I still maintain that we'll be fine when we click.  Just f**king click already!

I'm so optimistic on various things Villa that my mates have started calling me "Comical Flatsy" after Comical Ali.  I'd like Villa to start delivering on some of my eulogising and stop me looking a bit of a deluded arse (which maybe I am :D)

Absolutely this. This will be an immensely interesting test for us and RDM. We have definitely been playing some of the best football in the league but not finishing matters off. I reckon Newcastle coming at us will do us a favour and give the forwards the space to counter. Reckon it could be a solid 2-0 and the season to take off from this :D 

Subject to injury play:

Gollini

Bacuna - Elphick - Chester - Amavi

Tsibola - Jedinak

Ayew - McCormack - Grealish

Kodjia

Bench: Bunn, Baker, Cissokho, Gardner, Adomah, Green, Gestede

Though no doubt he will put Richards on the bench for some unknown reason...

20 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Absolutely this. This will be an immensely interesting test for us and RDM. We have definitely been playing some of the best football in the league but not finishing matters off. I reckon Newcastle coming at us will do us a favour and give the forwards the space to counter. Reckon it could be a solid 2-0 and the season to take off from this :D 

Subject to injury play:

Gollini

Bacuna - Elphick - Chester - Amavi

Tsibola - Jedinak

Ayew - McCormack - Grealish

Kodjia

Bench: Bunn, Baker, Cissokho, Gardner, Adomah, Green, Gestede

Though no doubt he will put Richards on the bench for some unknown reason...

We can't play with just two midfielders. We are too weak, one of the attackers will have to miss out

• Like 1

I think this game will suit us right now tbh.  This is perhaps only one of a handfull of games we will not be expected to win, maybe the change of emphasis will aid concentration for the whole 90 mins.

Plus it will be great to hear vp rocking again instead of waiting to score!

4 hours ago, KHV said:

We can't play with just two midfielders. We are too weak, one of the attackers will have to miss out

Agreed, have a feeling Grealish will be taught a lesson on Saturday and will be replaced with Bacuna in the centre and Richards going to rb.

Id like to see us with this extra body in midfield, really think it could help going forward.

12 hours ago, KHV said:

Or one of the forwards dropping into midfield when Newcastle have the ball?

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am feeling more confident throughout  the week. We will smash them. Season will start on Saturday.

We will smash someone soon enough. 

3-0 win. 

Im goin with 2 OG's from Clark, with RMC scoring a pen after being hacked down by........ yep, Ciaran Clark, 

Edited by av1