The Aston Villa vs Newcastle United rivalry - as a WhatsApp conversation

• 17:49, 23 SEP 2016
  • UPDATED 17:49, 23 SEP 2016
  • BY MAT KENDRICK

Warning: The Toon Army should look away now

1:10
/
1:11

Aston Villa v Newcastle United is nearly upon us.

Previously the match was no different to any other fixture against an out-of-town opponent.

Nowadays it has taken on a life of it's own - on social media at least - with the Lions v the Magpies having 'grudge match' status bestowed upon it.

The Geordies are unhappy with the way the Villa Park faithful greeted two of their relegations.

Who is the bigger club?

• Aston Villa - 
    62%

• Newcastle United - 
    38%

SHARE THE VOTE

The Villans, in turn, seem to find their North East counterparts' annoyance quite amusing and continue to play on it.

Sorry Newcastle but here at the Birmingham Mail we must side with the club on our patch.

With that in mind we found ourselves pondering, as you do: If the Villa-Newcastle rivalry was a What's App conversation what would it be like?

Here you go...

Aston Villa v Newcastle What's App 1Aston Villa v Newcastle What's App 2Aston Villa v Newcastle What's App 3

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-vs-newcastle-united-11930962

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's really lucky I read this thread was genuinely going to turn up for a 3 ko tomorrow. Thanks Bof

I'm both relieved and strangely disappointed now :trollface:

• Like 1

Just to get you all in the mood for today. Love this video - makes me think about all the generations of supporters that have stood at VP to support the claret and blue. Wonderful stirring stuff Mr Bradley.  Proud to be a Villan.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, thunderball said:

Tomorrow we will be balanced. Ayew will be dropped and it will be our release, our revelation. McScoremac will play, he's a big strong boy and shirkmoff any knocks. He will score and Kodjia will get two.

3-0

I would say Jack be dropped for Adomah as with his "antics" he has an excuse not to drop Ayew

Come on Villa. This is a MASSIVE game - a big opportunity to kick-start our season.  We all know the barcodes have a good side and they might win. But IF - and I know it's a big IF - we could somehow muster a win the confidence boost would be absolutely huge for our players, RDM and our fans as well.  More than 3pts, it would give us a platform to get things rolling. I am sure RDM knows all this and as I sit here I am just hoping and praying we come out all guns blazing. Lets have a right good go at them and see what we can do with these new players we have.  Just feels to me like this could be a season defining game and I am desperate for us to come out on top. 

Edited by Gary Thomas