Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

Would love to shove it up them and their fans who are giving it plenty on social media. Crowd will be right up for this and so they should be. Get to VP and support the team if you can!!!

Can't take a backwards step. We need to get in their faces, control the game and take our chances when they come - possession and attack is our best form of defence.  If we sit back and give them time and possession (ala Brentford) it won't end well. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

For some absurd reason, every time I read the topic title I read that second 'c' as 's'.

And I have a (possibly equally absurd) hunch that this just might be a Villa win. A game where the Villa team is perceived by all and sundry as the underdog (even at home) and thus under less pressure might work in our favour, . And if that turns out to be the case, I would just love someone equally absurdly optimistic, but able to attend the game, to have brought a Ant & Dec and Sob on the Tyne style banner to the ground.

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well at least they are getting the defeat out of their system tonight. 2-0 up already against Wolves in the EFL cup

It's funny though because if they were losing people would say something like "oh well it's not likely they'll lose 3 games in a row".

42 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Great support that is. I'm hoping many are up for this game like I am and will be roaring us on from the Holte End.

You know what i mean, If we are getting thumped 2-3 nil with half hour left and still playing 2-1-2-5 then i will have little interest in seeing it end up 3-4 nil (hence the turn over)  

To be honest if thats the case, there will probably be more folk walking out than turning over! 

Edited by Kingman

32 minutes ago, Kingman said:

You know what i mean, If we are getting thumped 2-3 nil with half hour left and still playing 2-1-2-5 then i will have little interest in seeing it end up 3-4 nil (hence the turn over)  

To be honest if thats the case, there will probably be more folk walking out than turning over! 

I'd rather approach the game in a positive mindset, we are at home where we are unbeaten (obviously our points tally is poor), but we haven't been thumped by anyone so I don't massively fear a team who are inconsistent having lost 3/8 this season so far. I'm expecting at least a point from this.

I was thinking this morning that this is a must win game, and I can't believe we have a must win game already this season. But then I thought, it doesn't matter where we are in the league, we probably would have gone into this game thinking we have to win (unless we were top).

We need to win, we need to lay down a marker and show that we've got a clinical edge to us and that we can step up. So far we've shown that we have a softness (conceding late goals), but we're no pushovers by any means, Ipswich battered us for the last 20 minutes and we dug in. We've also dominated games and not taken our chances, and that needs to change.

It may sound crazy, but this could be a season defining game. If we win, then we are unbeaten in 4 and are set up nicely for the Barnsley game in midweek, and hopefully we catch them out. Newcastle will have also lost 2 on the bounce and we will be alot closer to them. If we lose, then I think confidence will be low and we might struggle against Barnsley, and conceivably we might be 15 points off the pace this time next week.

I'm going to go for 3-1. I think we will come out of the traps quickly and score a couple of goals in the first half.

RDM is going to have to drop a forward. He is going to have to stop playing with a number 10 as he needs three in the middle. Jedinak,Westwood and Gardner can't play in a two man midfield.

------------------------Gollini------------------------

Bacuna---Elphick---Chester---Cissokho 

----------------------Gardner------------------------

-----------Westwood--Tshibola---------------

Adomah------------------------------------Kodjia

--------------------McCormack--------------------

Subs; Steer,Richards,Amavi,Jedinak,Gestede,Grealish,Ayew.

We need to have a go at them and try to control the game.  We've shown we can dominate teams for periods and be a real threat going forwards; albeit without being clinical enough. We need that attacking intent throughout to keep them occupied.  If we play on the front foot and get on top for periods we have a chance. They will attack us and have possession at times, of course, but we cannot go into our shells and keep dropping deeper and inviting pressure with no way out - we all know where that leads!  Lets learn from our mistakes.  Whatever happens keep our shape and keep probing and pressing with intent.  Even if we go up, keep playing with at least one up front and a recognizable midfield that isn't stepping on our defenders' toes. Do that and we have a chance IF we take our chances.  Hopefully a very loud Villa support will give us an edge - come on you lions!!

Saturday result aside

Imagine Huddersfield Barnsley Fulham or heaven forbid the SHA doing a 'Lester" winning the league, we scrape 2nd by a point or GD and the barcodes come 3rd, then they lose in the playoffs

Boy would they hate us

37 minutes ago, KHV said:

RDM is going to have to drop a forward. He is going to have to stop playing with a number 10 as he needs three in the middle. Jedinak,Westwood and Gardner can't play in a two man midfield.

------------------------Gollini------------------------

Bacuna---Elphick---Chester---Cissokho 

----------------------Gardner------------------------

-----------Westwood--Tshibola---------------

Adomah------------------------------------Kodjia

--------------------McCormack--------------------

Subs; Steer,Richards,Amavi,Jedinak,Gestede,Grealish,Ayew.

I'd have 5 of the 7 on the bench on the pitch, and the other 2 told to stay at home