Burgers

mikeyp102

@Ryan.: Fair enough :-) not trying to compete on the Scoville scale. Each to his own and all that. I prefer pickled jalapeños with the lettuce and the red onion (and the chipotle mayo). Then some birds-eye in the burger itself. Enough to provide some serious heat, but not to the point of overpowering everything else.

@villa4europe: I beg to differ. Sour-dough buns for me, all the way.

Edited by TB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TB said:

surely the idea of a hipster with a Victorian beard is bordering on an oxymoron?

Eh? All (male) hipsters have Victorian beards. It's their trademark. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Brioche is pudding. I do not let it near my meaty delights. Bun, burger, maybe some bacon, cheese and some steak sauce. 

The pub in the village I'm moving to soon do a great burger on a lovely soft cob, which was extremely enjoyable. I do quite like a brioche bun but it's got very boring that everywhere does them and you rarely get anything else. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The pub in the village I'm moving to soon do a great burger on a lovely soft cob, which was extremely enjoyable. I do quite like a brioche bun but it's got very boring that everywhere does them and you rarely get anything else. 

Maybe its ingrained in me, but I see most restaurants burgers have it on brioche and I like brioche, but for me it is always a pudding bread.

There's no standard for me, got to vary it up! I usually go to a place called Annie's in Nottingham for burgers that have a ridiculous range of topping, definitely worth a trip for anyone that goes to Forest away this season.

Last time I was in there I had this one, absolutely amazing.

Burger topped with crispy tortilla basket, chilli garlic sauce, filled with Mexican spiced rice, refried beans, salsa, sour cream and a green Mexican chilli sticking out the middle.

The one topped with bacon, american pancakes and maple syrup is pretty damn good too.

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Maybe its ingrained in me, but I see most restaurants burgers have it on brioche and I like brioche, but for me it is always a pudding bread.

I think it's slightly different though, it's just really buttery dough rather than particularly sweet.  I agree it's just unnecessary fanciness and would be happy with a normal roll.

Buns toasted on inside.  Bit of ketchup on the lower bun with some cheese.  Then the burger.  Then more ketchup on the burger to keep some chopped white onion in place.  Then a slice of tomato and finally a bit more cheese and the top bun.  Perfick.

• Like 2

Brioche bun
Lettuce
Tomato
Mayo
BBQ sauce
Raw onion and/or dried crispy onion

Is my usual go-to if I'm making them at home. Quick, easy, delicious. The best burger I ever had was at a restaurant in Canada, it was a blue-cheese burger and it was phenomenal. I love burgers. They're probably my favourite food because they're so goddamn delicious and the possibilities are endless.

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I might get chastised for this but I feel like for the price, you can't beat a McDonald's double cheeseburger. 

Agreed.

Have you ever had a McGangBang?

Double cheeseburger, mayo chicken. Combine.

Cheese, bacon, gherkin, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mayo, egg, onion and fried mushrooms are all regulars on my burgers at home, but rarely all at once.

McGangbangs are ok, but I prefer a quad - 2 double cheeseburgers with 2 of the patties from one of them stacked on top of the other. Then you can use the spare bun for a chip butty. I once had a sextuple cheeseburger - the above, but stacking 3 lots of double cheese patties on top of one another. Death.

• Like 1

Love a good a burger. And Avocado on a burger is awesome - ideally on a chicken burger with bacon.. Winner. 

However, why not try something different... One of my favs is to make the burgers from scratch and add onion granuals and chilli powder into the mince before shaping them into patties. Fry up the burgers, toast the bun (lightly) and fry up an egg to go on top. If you have some dill pickle, add that in as well. Now, whip up some gravy so that it is super thick and poor it over the top of the bun. If you got your egg right the gravy and yolk will combine to create a brilliant sauce. You could even add on some bacon...  Goes great with some home made sweet potato fries. The only thing is, is that it becomes a knife and fork job, unless you're feeling grubby...  

Edited by Tayls

I'm going to open a whole can of worms here, but the greatest burger of all time is the 'Dead Hippie' Burger at Meatliquor in London.  2x mustard-fried beef patties, dead hippie sauce lettuce, cheese, pickles, & minced white onions. None of this Gourmet Burger nonsense, it's a proper dirty burger and served pretty much rare, but no burger I've had since can get anywhere near it. Would definitely recommend......

Â