Burgers

mikeyp102

Had my first halal Big Mac a year ago and it was so disappointing. Now I've got used to going to these proper burger places, it pales in comparison. Talking of which, I went to a place called Burger Stack near where I live in Windsor.  The idea is you 'stack' up your burger how you like. I had grilled chicken, beef patty, turkey bacon, avocado, grilled onions, gherkins and halloumi in a brioche bun with Cajun fries. Unreal isn't the word and I'm not even a burger guy.

As nice as that sounds, it's a sandwich not a burger to me. If it isn't about the actual patty or if it gets drowned out, or if the whole thing wobbles when standing and has to be separated to eat then it's not a burger to me. Yes, I take these things seriously :) 

Dont even get me started on these sub humanoid heathens who insist on putting tomato slices on a burger thus rendering it a soggy mess. Just no.

I need to get out more.

The town where I live no longer has Burger King or McDonald's, that's how middle class it is.  If I want a fast food burger I have to get a Zinger Tower from KFC or go to the chippy.  I do like a good chicken burger from time to time.  My favourite chicken burgers were in Oporto in Australia, they opened a branch at Victoria station over here but I don't think it caught on.

Lettuce on a burger , WTF is wrong with you people

Bun , Burger , Cheese , Bacon , Another Burger  , BBQ Sauce , Bun

anything else doesn't belong in a burger , unless it's a fried egg that is permissible on special occasions

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

tbf I wanted to write Ketchup but following my previous rant against Tomato's in another thread  didn't want to have to get bogged down in the technicalities as to why Tomato's taste like Satan's armpit but Ketchup is OK

Now, don't get me wrong, I like a good burger, I really do - you know the whole good quality meat, brioche bun and all manner of sauces and what have you - but - every now and then, I like a cheap bit of meat on a cheap roll with nothing more than a load of salt. It's the burger equivalent of sex against a skip, you can't believe you've stooped so low, but you kinda like it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

every now and then, I like a cheap bit of meat on a cheap roll with nothing more than a load of salt. It's the burger equivalent of sex against a skip, you can't believe you've stooped so low,

What you're basically saying is "sometimes I drink a bit too much beer" aren't you.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

On way to Cancun Airport, was gonna have bubber gump's shrimp but after reading this thread I'm going to TGI's for the biggest dirtiest burger on the menu :D

that will be the Warrior burger

Warrior-Burger-New-Smaller.jpg

bit meh if I'm honest , probably down to the chef rather than the burger

edit - and yes you can order it without the onion and the tomato

Edited by tonyh29

bacon, cheese done

whats wrong with you fools, complicating your burgers with stuff that just isn't needed.

althought I did make a mean mighty stacked meat feast burger last time I defrosted my freezer, two 1/4 pound angus burgers, breaded chicken breast fillet, 2 rashers of bacon, fried egg, cheese, 2 onion rings, bbq sauce all on a brioche bun, had to shove a steak knife through it to hold it together as I was eating it...that was a good day

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Now, don't get me wrong, I like a good burger, I really do - you know the whole good quality meat, brioche bun and all manner of sauces and what have you - but - every now and then, I like a cheap bit of meat on a cheap roll with nothing more than a load of salt. It's the burger equivalent of sex against a skip, you can't believe you've stooped so low, but you kinda like it.

Sex against a skip :D.  Just dropped my last pizza slice from laughing!  Quality line, but damn you OBE for making me do that!! 

10 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Sex against a skip :D.  Just dropped my last pizza slice from laughing!  Quality line, but damn you OBE for making me do that!! 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You have just described a marmite, cheese and corned beef sandwich, sometimes you could shove a wonderful lump of steak or a joint of minted lamb in front of me and it wouldn't taste as good as marmite, cheese and corned beef on a sarnie

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

You have just described a marmite, cheese and corned beef sandwich, sometimes you could shove a wonderful lump of steak or a joint of minted lamb in front of me and it wouldn't taste as good as marmite, cheese and corned beef on a sarnie

Hmmm. I love a corned beef sarnie. And I love the cheese/marmite combo. Never thought about combining them. Must investigate. 

Â