Burgers

mikeyp102

On the McDonald's front, I had a Chicken Mac in Oman last week, think Big Mac but with chicken instead of beef, probably the best McDonald's I've had.

if I'm making burgers it's beef mince, red onion, pepper, barbecue sauce (or jalapeño relish), paprika, breadcrumbs and parsley all moulded together. Or lamb mince, red onion and mint.

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Eh? All (male) hipsters have Victorian beards. It's their trademark. 

Way, WAY OT in Off Topic, but nevertheless: I was trying to contrast the 'hipster' 'I'm way cooler than the rest of the crowd, so I want to sport a look that makes that perfectly clear to any casual observer, however dim s/he might be' and the supposedly conformist and straight-laced Victorian era (As I understand it - general caveats: not being around at the time, not speaking the language and all that jazz...) I guess I made a hash of it. 

The current male hipster certainly sports an impressive beard. But it wasn't always thus. Goatees, clean-shaven, mop-top hair-cuts. Whatever it takes to state to the world that you're way cooler than anyone outside of your particular crowd,

I'm pretty sure the equivalent of hipsters existed in Victorian times. But I bet not a single one of them sported a full beard. 

24 minutes ago, chappy said:

On the McDonald's front, I had a Chicken Mac in Oman last week, think Big Mac but with chicken instead of beef

Yeah I've had the same at Dubai airport, not a clue why they've never even tried it here, a lot better than the chicken legend or whatever it's called 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chappy said:

On the McDonald's front, I had a Chicken Mac in Oman last week, think Big Mac but with chicken instead of beef

Yeah I've had the same at Dubai airport, not a clue why they've never even tried it here, a lot better than the chicken legend or whatever it's called 

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

But was their pork pulled ?

Going OT...knowing I like pulled pork the missus got me a tin of Morrison's own...Jesus **** Christ it was bad 

Saw today sainsburys have rejigged their lunch range, they've got a pot of pulled pork which I reckon I'd do well to get to the 3rd mouthful, £2...

Same as everything, it's become popular, it's gone shit, ruined it for ourselves 

I reckon brisket will be next 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT...knowing I like pulled pork the missus got me a tin of Morrison's own...Jesus **** Christ it was bad 

Saw today sainsburys have rejigged their lunch range, they've got a pot of pulled pork which I reckon I'd do well to get to the 3rd mouthful, £2...

Same as everything, it's become popular, it's gone shit, ruined it for ourselves 

I reckon brisket will be next 

OT in an OT thread :-) I guess that would make it OT somehow.

But seriously: when demand is greater than supply, quality will always suffer as a result.

So why not make it yourself just the way you like it? It doesn't need that much preparation, just needs time in the oven. I enjoy doing slow cooking in the weekends. And then I have some ready-made meals in the freezer, for the days that I get back from work and don't fancy doing some time-consuming dinner preparations

Have to say if ou are buying a burger from a supermarket to cook yourself, the Tesco fresh ones are superb. Thick enough to have medium rear, good quality meat and not too fatty..

On burgers eating out, I was in a pub the other week (Black Horse Illey). I tried this:

beef burger topped with grilled back bacon, BBQ pulled pork and a British pork sausage

Being a meat lover thought this would be great. Whilst the food wasn't bad quality, all together it was a bit too rich. Needed something a bit sweet on to break up the taste 

Ed's Diner. Utter utter plop. No flavour in the beef, bun falls apart, not enough cheese, blurgh. Shakes are nice but not worth a fiver. Fries are ok. Onion Rings were nice though. Ridiculous how popular it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TB said:

OT in an OT thread :-) I guess that would make it OT somehow.

But seriously: when demand is greater than supply, quality will always suffer as a result.

So why not make it yourself just the way you like it? It doesn't need that much preparation, just needs time in the oven. I enjoy doing slow cooking in the weekends. And then I have some ready-made meals in the freezer, for the days that I get back from work and don't fancy doing some time-consuming dinner preparations

I did it once but I did like a Chinese char Sui flavour pulled pork rather than BBQ, was unbelievably good

more than anything else my problem is my missus doesn't like it so I don't do it

I eat a load of burgers from a wide variety of places and I'm yet to have a burger - whether a cheapo, trendy or poncy expensive or 'street' or whatever - more satisfying than the Bacon Double XL with cheese from BK. It's just great.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I eat a load of burgers from a wide variety of places and I'm yet to have a burger - whether a cheapo, trendy or poncy expensive or 'street' or whatever - more satisfying than the Bacon Double XL with cheese from BK. It's just great.

Hands down the best junk burger you can buy IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Image result for ron swanson burger

That's just a shitty burger.

Anyway I popped into McDonalds yesterday to get a double cheeseburger after talking about them in this thread but they had something called a chicken BLC instead (also £1.50):

mcdonalds-Chicken-BLC-Bacon-Lettuce-Chee

Crispy coated chicken with bacon, lettuce, cheese slice and cool mayo in a toasted bun. It was pretty good, but still not as good as the double cheeseburger.

They have a burger here called the drwala (woodcutter) that's a bit of a cult thing. 

It's a bacon encrusted bun, burger, bacon, lettuce, onion, standard sauce and a deed fried cheese patty. 

I mean, it tastes great but everything totally overwhelms the burger (which is the point!!)

1417294368600a0bdaba56e478860c93b5f0a399

Â