Burgers

mikeyp102

So with the bacon sandwich thread getting discussion, what do people have on burgers?

Normally, I'd go lettuce, then the burger with bacon and bbq sauce on top on a brioche bun. Sometimes throw a fried egg on as well.

However, best one I had was in Australia and NZ..

Lettuce, Advocado, pineapple Burger and Bacon..

• Like 1

Lettuce, fried onions and tomato. 

I am not a huge fan of too much cheese on a burger but I will give most things a try on them. Most recently I went for fried mushrooms with a mature cheese. 

I also eat burgers with a knife and fork. Constantly getting told it is wrong but I just enjoy the burger more eating it this way. 

Cheese, onion, gherkin, mustard, ketchup.

i finally tried a Five Guys burger recently. It was better than expected but I think I was spoiled in NZ a few months ago by their chain BurgerFuel. They have one called the Ring Burner and another which is simply called Bast*rd which was the best burger I've ever had.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, choffer said:

i finally tried a Five Guys burger recently. It was better than expected but I think I was spoiled in NZ a few months ago by their chain BurgerFuel. They have one called the Ring Burner and another which is simply called Bast*rd which was the best burger I've ever had.

Yep burger fuel was class

36 minutes ago, choffer said:

That's the one. 

Plus, I must be some kind of redneck because you could give me a gourmet burger in a restaurant, or give me Waitrose ingredients to cook at home but no burger taste like a match day burger van burger. Complete with a ketchup smear on your cheek that no one told you was there all day, a blob on your shoes for good measure and the Brad Pitts later that evening. Sign of a good burger. 

• Like 1

I love burgers, but try to avoid having them too often. So whenever I succumb to the craving I prefer to make them at home.

Lettuce / red onion / thin slice of tomato / jalapeños / chipotle mayo. Then a burger made with chopped garlic/hint of nutmeg/some chili/salt/black pepper/smoked paprika, with a slice of cheddar or port salut / bacon / hot tomato sauce on top. Occasionally with a couple of slices of mushroom, fried in butter with some garlic.

There's enough decent varieties of ready-made burger buns available in local shops, so I prefer to buy the buns just make burgers and double (or triple) - cooked chips.

A nice, dark ale (or two) with the burger, and I'm happy . Until I'm paying the price of having to exercise more or eating more salads over the next few days, that is. :-(

No it definitely is an oxymoron :D

scotch bonnets are hotter and have a much more intense flavour, I got no room for fence sitters in my ultimate burger.

Edited by Ryan.

Brioche bun is definitely the way forward

if I'm doing my own its cheese (the cheap horrible slices only) mustard on the bottom, tomato sauce on the top, red onion and gherkins 

if I'm out then I'll go mad, had one recently at rub that was pulled pork a crispy creme donut and candy floss...love the gourmet burger kitchen and I'm pretty near clearing their menu, 5 guys is shit 

Â