Burgers

mikeyp102

I'm a marmite weirdo, I have tried it with everything, I go through a tub a week normally.

having said that, don't try marmite and fish...that doesn't work at all...in fact it made me feel quite ill...yeah don't try that

marmite lasagne, now there is a dish to be reckoned with

http://www.marmite.co.uk/marmite-burgers

Marmite Burgers

Ingredients

Onion – 1 chopped
Unsmoked bacon – 2 rashers chopped
Marmite – 2 tsp
Pork mince – 450g
Egg – 1 yolk
Rolls – 4
Salad – 60g
Light mayo – 40g

Preparation

Step One  Fry the onion and bacon in a pan until golden brown

Step Two  Put the fried onion and bacon in a bowl and add in the Marmite, pork mince and the egg yolk

Step Three  With your hands, flatten the mixture into 4 round patties

Step Four  Fry the burgers until cooked through (roughly 10-12 mins)

Step Five  Serve in a roll with some salad and mayonnaise

Edited by blandy
extract added

I order the burger wherever I go.

I just went for a week holiday to Hawaii. Great fun!

If you're ever in Waikiki, go to Rumfire at the Sheraton and order the Truffle Burger. It was legitimately the best burger I have ever eaten in my life. Phenomenal. Great atmosphere, service and cocktails as well, but the burger was a worldie.

I am a total sucker for gourmet burgers.  I can't go into a new pub or bar without trying their burgers although 90%of the time regardless of their flowery description they are basically bog standard nasty burgers. 

I actually used to work at McDonald's when at college though and still love a Big Mac or quarter cheese but why oh why the pickled gherkin? 

Whenever I have one of their promotional specials I sit there wishing it was a quarter cheese though. 

For me the most utterly overrated experience of all time is 5 Guys. Utterly style and trendy marketing over substance.

As a by the way I think working at McDonald's should be compulsory as a kind of life experience thing,  to replace national service. Keeps you humble and mixes you up with all sorts of people and characters you might never get close to otherwise. Plus a bit of hard work never hurt anyone. Just my opinion. 

Â