PieFacE

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I get the ball over the line call... no conclusive proof so stick onfield.

I get the not offside call... no conclusive proof so stick onfield

But how is two hands on the back and neck of the player, shoving him out the way from behind, not a foul?

"Gabriel had made an action to play the ball before any contact,"

What does that even mean? 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 09:59, villa4europe said:

"Gabriel had made an action to play the ball before any contact,"

What does that even mean? 

If anything it seems to contradict their finding. Gabriel had made an action to play the ball, then there was (illegal) contact which meant he was unable to make a successful play on the ball. Bizarre. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ramsdale Dad is now all over the media pretty much having a pop at Arteta

This won't end well. I think Ramsdale isnt as good as he thinks he is and be interesting where he gets shipped too. 

I enjoy how much Arsenal seem to be messing up their goalkeeper issue.

Ramsdale showed he can be reliable last year, I am sure he will find a good club to play in.

Also, what's the deal with parents discussing their kids club situation? Maguires mum posting, Ramsdales dad talking to media, is it beneficial for anyone? 

Ramsdale won't say anything because he's not stupid but there's a story out there and a thirst for endless content, especially at a club like Arsenal (who have 8-10 times as many followers on social media than we do, and their match highlights have 4x as many views as ours on YouTube) so the simple truth is it exists because people click on it.    

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Ramsdale Dad is now all over the media pretty much having a pop at Arteta

This won't end well. I think Ramsdale isnt as good as he thinks he is and be interesting where he gets shipped too. 

Apparently the Ramsdale's are baffled as to why he has been dropped. Arsenal spent £30m on David Raya. What did they think was going to happen?

Edited by villa89

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Apparently the Ramsdale's are baffled as to why he has been dropped. Arsenal spent £30m on David Raya. What did they think was going to happen?

From the outside looking in, I find the move a little strange too. Not sure if Raya is that much of an upgrade on Ramsdale. But not exactly watched them all that closely. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

From the outside looking in, I find the move a little strange too. Not sure if Raya is that much of an upgrade on Ramsdale. But not exactly watched them all that closely. 

Arteta wanted a keeper who can play out from the back. He spent all last season trying to get ramsdale to play higher up the pitch which ramsdale didn't or couldn't do. It's similar to de gea at United. Onana isn't much of an upgrade but there aren't too many high quality keepers out there. 

If only arsenal hadn't sold Martinez...

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Arsenal in "Couldn't spot a WC winning GK if he was playing in their reserves" shocker.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't get mentioned enough, but their play-acting is ridiculous! At least half a dozen times last night their players went down from minimal contact like they'd been scythed in half. 30 seconds later they're running around again no problem. I know that all teams have players that exaggerate contact, but these thesps take it to the next level. And never any repercussions for pretending - like Gabriel Jesus did - that someone has elbowed them in the head etc. Infuriating! 🤬

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

Said it in the other thread Saka is one of the worst about. A diving little rat who gets away with murder. That tackle on Moreno(I think)last season was a potential leg breaker yet we were the bad guys in the media for tackling him too hard

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said it in the other thread Saka is one of the worst about. A diving little rat who gets away with murder. That tackle on Moreno(I think)last season was a potential leg breaker yet we were the bad guys in the media for tackling him too hard

He has become a bit of a media darling.

There is definitely a good player there, but the unconditional media love is a bit over the top. He hasn't really done that much in professional football yet.

But I wish him all the best, wish him 3 goals a game.

But Arsenal lose that game 3-4. 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Saka, Kane & Sterling are among the worst in football.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Out of all the teams if we can't win the league i hope its arsenal

The least disliked out of them citeh and liverpool

I would accept Arsenal or Liverpool over the cheats but apprently Leicester were on 28pts after as many games when they won the league so not counting us out yet

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is a novelty about Arsenal winning the league, one that I am not ready to handle. Arteta branded as a genius etc, Arsenal fans popping up everywhere. 

Let Man City win it*. Just keep it the same and boring and branded as fraudulent anyway 

I just can't have a conversation about how incredible Arsenal were. Same for Liverpool and Klopp. 

*unless we win it that is!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Treated Unai like shit, treated Wenger like shit. Arteta and Saka are absolute clearings in the woods

No thanks much prefer Spurs to win it

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Treated Unai like shit, treated Wenger like shit. Arteta and Saka are absolute clearings in the woods

No thanks much prefer Spurs to win it

That would be the absolute last team i would want!

They would be the most unbearable set of fans. Also having another team win it nefore us.no thank you!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I like their style of football, especially in and around the box - very good to watch. But I can't abide their fakery. Saka, Martinelli, Jesus, Gabriel and others all exaggerate contact to a criminal degree and are in the ref's face demanding yellows from minute 1. If that's what constitutes a 'winning mentality' then you can keep it.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Saka, Kane & Sterling are among the worst in football.

I kind of respect Kane for it.  There's almost a calculation that he does where he can assess whether it's more beneficial to try and win a penalty than have a shot.  And it's not a flat out dive, it's absolutely buying a foul in a similar manner to the way Grealish did it so successfully for us.  Horrible when you're on the receiving end (which is why so many fans disliked Grealish), but a certain art to it and rarely with the flamboyant theatrics.

Saka is just a bit of a cheat.  It's not subtle or "earnt"; he just throws himself to the ground and pretends to be injured upon any contact.  He's a good player and seems like a great person (which is presumably why he's not knocked for it at all) but a serial diver.

I'll also say, I'm not massively fussed by diving.  It's just part of the game.  The blatant shirt pulls when a player is running forward is far more of an annoyance to me than someone trying to con the ref.

• Like 2

Â