PieFacE

4 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

They absolutely do not consider ollie as a good enough striker for them, I can see why aswell, he misses too many chances and in that respect is like nketiah. You have to remember when arsenal fans think of striker they are expecting one of the caliber of Henry, anelka, RVP etc. Ollie is good but will frustrate the hell out of their fanbase and most of them do categorically not want him as their striker 

Already leaks in the press they want Ivan Toney although you'd think they'll wait until the summer given he'll have one year left on his deal and he'll be back match fit by then.

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Already leaks in the press they want Ivan Toney although you'd think they'll wait until the summer given he'll have one year left on his deal and he'll be back match fit by then.

he would be a good fit for them and give them a very different profile, they used to have this different type of striker but have lacked it for a few years. Imo they should wait till end of season to get him, i think they are okay without him now. Maybe they will try to get rid of havertz too

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is Toney a big improvement on Ollie? They both got 14 goals from open play last season, from a similar number of shots. And why Arsenal spent the money on Havertz is a mystery. Should have saved that towards buying a top level striker next summer. 

57 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Is Toney a big improvement on Ollie? They both got 14 goals from open play last season, from a similar number of shots. And why Arsenal spent the money on Havertz is a mystery. Should have saved that towards buying a top level striker next summer. 

Ollie's just signed a new deal so will be a big release clause in that...if there is one. While Toney has 12 months left so Brentford can say they'll demand a ridiculous fee but in reality it will be something like 50m. They also got Raya in so a working relationship between the two clubs.

I think Ollie and Gabriel Jesus are fairly similar as forwards. Both good at pressing and creating space for others and usually get around 15 with the feeling both should score more than they actually do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ollie's just signed a new deal so will be a big release clause in that...if there is one. While Toney has 12 months left so Brentford can say they'll demand a ridiculous fee but in reality it will be something like 50m. 

Yep, I get that Toney would be the cheaper option I just think that Arsenal fans, and football fans in general, probably see Toney as the better player when there's not much between them in terms of stats. Maybe I'm wrong though. 

4 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Yep, I get that Toney would be the cheaper option I just think that Arsenal fans, and football fans in general, probably see Toney as the better player when there's not much between them in terms of stats. Maybe I'm wrong though. 

Brentford apparently want 80 million for Toney

18 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Cracks me up when the media talk about the situation with there keepers, who is best, Ramsey should be number one, blah blah. Never even mentioning, they got rid of one of the best keepers they ever had in our man Emi. No one likes to talk about there ex keeper, has now won a world cup with various awards following.

And Leno is doing well at Fulham after Arsenal made a £14m loss on him. Ramsdale is a hologram and the arsenal GK department is crap

13 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Toney is a more technical striker which would suit Arsenal better probably.

Watkins is just a really solid all round striker, great injury record, belongs at a team where your squad is a bit thinner, he can be the main man, and you’re prioritising that week-in-week-out reliability. And as we saw against Forest, not the best against a packed defence, which is what a side like Arsenal will face most weeks.

But in terms of wider market value, I don’t think there’s much between the two. Both offer a decent goal return. Just different player profiles.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Last season was their chance, won't be close this year.

I thought at the start of the season Liverpool and City would be the only two in the title race and I still think that. 

• Like 1

Agree with some of the recent comments, they overachieved last season...

Their squad and players aren't that great.

Saka also does my head in, his theatrics at Villa p***** me off and he does it every week!

Arteta seems really arrogant too; seems to revel in it.

The Premier League's official review panel of one Premier League rep (a chairman?), one referee and three former players, has declared that it was the right decision not to overrule the Newcastle goal against Arsenal.

The decision not to announce this from Micky Arteta's living room disappoints me.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Premier League's official review panel of one Premier League rep (a chairman?), one referee and three former players, has declared that it was the right decision not to overrule the Newcastle goal against Arsenal.

The decision not to announce this from Micky Arteta's living room disappoints me.

I get the ball over the line call... no conclusive proof so stick onfield.

I get the not offside call... no conclusive proof so stick onfield

But how is two hands on the back and neck of the player, shoving him out the way from behind, not a foul?

• Like 2

2/5 of the panel also thought it was not a red card for Bruno Guimares to run up behind a player and forearm smash them to the back of the head.

You don't have to be blind to work on the PL panel, but it helps.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Â