Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I don't think he will win the appeal to be honest. Although he stops himself, his foot moves forward and into the player, albeit with almost zero force but the panel will say he showed intent. They will conveniently ignore the fact that their right back had his studs unnecessarily in Kodjia's chest, leapt up as though he'd just had the most heinous of crimes perpetrated on him and retaliated, before running to the linesman to report Kodjia for genocide. The linesman and ref obviously agreed and reacted as though their own families had just been wiped out in the slaughter.

Technically it's possibly a red card, but a decent ref would have had a stern word with both of them and left it an 11 v 11 contest which it is supposed to be. But hey why pass up a chance to be in the limelight eh ref?

• Like 1

It's a strange one.  From what Bruce is saying, the appeal isn't even because they don't think he did it.  It's because the other guy did too.  So it's like they're forcing the officials to look at the initial incident and hopefully give a retrospective red card.

I don't see how any outcome will result in Kodjia's card being rescinded.  More likely it stays the way it is.  Small chance the Flum player gets one as well but I doubt it.

• Like 1

I want their player banned.

I want the ref banned.

I want the 4th official who called it a 'stamp' banned.

I think Kodjia should stay banned, as appealing this is setting a dangerous precedent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A frivolous appeal imo.

He kicked him. Clear red card.

I think it's a clear technical red card, but no common sense shown by the ref. If he'd really kicked him he'd have gone off on a stretcher! But modern football is what it is I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think it's a clear technical red card, but no common sense shown by the ref. If he'd really kicked him he'd have gone off on a stretcher! But modern football is what it is I suppose. 

Nothing to do with common sense imo. You can't deliberately kick someone like that. Whether it's a tap or a full on leemond volley to the jaw. It's a red card.

The fact the other guy should have been sent off as well, whilst frustrating, doesn't change the fact Kodjia's red card is correct,. imo.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nothing to do with common sense imo. You can't deliberately kick someone like that. Whether it's a tap or a full on leemond volley to the jaw. It's a red card.

The fact the other guy should have been sent off as well, whilst frustrating, doesn't change the fact Kodjia's red card is correct,. imo.

Like for the leemond reference

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Modern football? Do you think it was a better game in the 60's when the best footballer in the world got the shit kicked out of him and had to leave the World Cup after the opposing team spent the game borderline assaulting him while it all went unpunished?

It was a red card - tap in the back or 3 broken ribs. If the authorities want to cut this type of shit out of the game then a red card is the only course of action. It's similar to uncontrolled tackles where the tackler launches himself at the recipient, elbows in the head, leaving the foot in when a defender is clearing the ball just to let him know you're there etc. They should all be automatic red cards if they are to be stamped out. At the moment they are rarely red cards unless damage is done, sometimes not even a yellow.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree but for me if the Fulham player is not going to get charged for doing something worse than how can kodjias red stand. If they don't give fredericks any punishment but kodjia still is banned for 3 games then the fa make themselves look like laughing stocks.

Even if the Fulham player gets banned out of this I will be happy he deserved a red the creep

• Like 2

Hopefully it's an appeal on a technicality. If the linesman said he stamped and not kicked he never saw the incident and was swayed by Fredericks charging up to him. Fredericks should be banned he intentionally kicked out and his behaviour after is a disgrace. He even grabs Kodija foot to make it look worse. I can't see it being overturned though as their was intent and they won't want a precedent set. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Modern football? Do you think it was a better game in the 60's when the best footballer in the world got the shit kicked out of him and had to leave the World Cup after the opposing team spent the game borderline assaulting him while it all went unpunished?

It was a red card - tap in the back or 3 broken ribs. If the authorities want to cut this type of shit out of the game then a red card is the only course of action. It's similar to uncontrolled tackles where the tackler launches himself at the recipient, elbows in the head, leaving the foot in when a defender is clearing the ball just to let him know you're there etc. They should all be automatic red cards if they are to be stamped out. At the moment they are rarely red cards unless damage is done, sometimes not even a yellow.

Let's just ban contact 

33 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It was a red card - tap in the back or 3 broken ribs. If the authorities want to cut this type of shit out of the game then a red card is the only course of action.

It's a real shame that the ref didn't penalise an actual kick (or two) and chose to make an example of Kodjia who, in the eyes of the law had to go, but in reality, shinned him gently.

elbows in the head

There was one of them too. Not penalised. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

45 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Let's just ban contact 

Let's not. Let's just minimse the risk of someone getting injured where it is possible to.

I have no problem with fair tough contact. It's the uncontrolled aggression and ill-disciplined contact that I have a problem with.

Edited by sparrow1988

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's a real shame that the ref didn't penalise an actual kick (or two) and chose to make an example of Kodjia who, in the eyes of the law had to go, but in reality, shinned him gently.

There was one of them too. Not penalised. 

I didn't see the elbow. Although I only saw 10 minutes or so of the game (About the time they scored and Kodija's sending off). Luckily I then had to go to a 6 year old's Birthday party. It was a lot better than watching the game.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's a strange one.  From what Bruce is saying, the appeal isn't even because they don't think he did it.  It's because the other guy did too.  So it's like they're forcing the officials to look at the initial incident and hopefully give a retrospective red card.

I don't see how any outcome will result in Kodjia's card being rescinded.  More likely it stays the way it is.  Small chance the Flum player gets one as well but I doubt it.

Might get just the one match and not the three, misses sha BUT he doesn't miss rest of season. TBF he shouldn't have been on the pitch as he was lucky not to see red on Saturdfay for throwing a punch. He is getting too involved in 1:1 'battles' and not concentrating on his play at the moment.

• Like 1

Â