Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Find a quiet corner, close your eyes and have a word with yourself. 

God material? Top ten absurd posts in VT history. Please don't demean our legends, we don't have much to cling on to at the moment, so our heroes must be cherished!

On topic: Jedinak, exactly what we needed at exactly the right time.

Before you get too excited, read my considered wording carefully. 

Further, I assume you lived through the McGrath period. I did too, witnessed his performances first hand, so give me some respect before you try and embarrass me.

Did he miss a single header today? I cannot recall in the 31 years I have been attending pretty much every Villa Park game plus lord knows how many aways any player who has seemed so dominant in the air. Literally everything which came his was was battered away with contempt. 

I also can't recall any player in the same history who has changed my opinion so radically. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Did he miss a single header today? I cannot recall in the 31 years I have been attending pretty much every Villa Park game plus lord knows how many aways any player who has seemed so dominant in the air. Literally everything which came his was was battered away with contempt. 

I also can't recall any player in the same history who has changed my opinion so radically. 

McGrath. 

He was immense in the air.

• Like 1

Have to agree with you Woody Tom a clear MOTM for me. Couldn't stop pointing it out all second half just kept moping up everything which was in 20 yards of him. Really too performance.

Does anyone have a link to any stats for the game? Would love to see how many headers he one in that game and also how many times Jack got fouled! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Excellent?

How can a player in a team 11th in the Championship be 'excellent'?

Over the top if you ask me.

He played really well, won everything, didn't give the ball away. He gave an excellent performance. He was excellent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

satire

The thing is though, your irony didn't work.

It is possible to be excellent in a team 11th in the championship. Nowhere have I indicated otherwise.

Having an excellent game, is a long way from being an unbelievable talent which is where I have disagreed with people regarding players yesterday.

Incidently, some posters who claimed players were an unbelievable talent have come back to me agreeing that it was perhaps a bit OTT to suggest such things.

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Having an excellent game, is a long way from being an unbelievable talent which is where I have disagreed with people regarding players yesterday.

Incidently, some posters who claimed players were an unbelievable talent have come back to me agreeing that it was perhaps a bit OTT to suggest such things.

Maybe you're right, maybe not. But it's incredibly boring for the rest of us. IMO. It brings the atmosphere down.  

Regardless, congratulations. I'm not sure it was necessary myself, everyone else understood. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Maybe you're right, maybe not. But it's incredibly boring for the rest of us. IMO. It brings the atmosphere down.  

Regardless, congratulations. I'm not sure it was necessary myself, everyone else understood. 

Just standard posting on here tbh - you're spot on though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just curious Stefan, did you go to the game and if you did, how did you think he played? 

I was at work.

Your question has literally nothing to do with what I was saying though. I'm sure he was fantastic. I'm not disputing that. If you don't get what I'm saying, check the Grealish and Kodjia threads for clarity.

52 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Have to agree with you Woody Tom a clear MOTM for me. Couldn't stop pointing it out all second half just kept moping up everything which was in 20 yards of him. Really too performance.

Does anyone have a link to any stats for the game? Would love to see how many headers he one in that game and also how many times Jack got fouled! 

Not sure about headers but out of 24 duels, he won 18 and had 16 clearances. Grealish was fouled 11 times and won 14 out of 16 duels.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I was at work.

Your question has literally nothing to do with what I was saying though. I'm sure he was fantastic. I'm not disputing that. If you don't get what I'm saying, check the Grealish and Kodjia threads for clarity.

You're quite right, I was staying on topic, not, um,"teasing" other posters about what they said on other subjects. Sorry you had to work.

Â