Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

That ball to Kodjia is one of the reasons his pass completion rate is so low. He tries ambitious balls over/through quite a bit, especially when he's confident. 75% of those balls just end up with the opposition defence, but that other 25% can lead to opportunities like yesterday's.

16 minutes ago, Ponky said:

That ball to Kodjia is one of the reasons his pass completion rate is so low. He tries ambitious balls over/through quite a bit, especially when he's confident. 75% of those balls just end up with the opposition defence, but that other 25% can lead to opportunities like yesterday's.

Yes this exactly. 

Its why stats alone mean nothing and our obsession with them in general leads some people to write off players/teams without watching them enough.

• Like 1

I thought he was terrible 1st half though so was most of our team

2nd half he was a complete different player and was biting into tackles and showed leadership, assist for Kodjia was a bonus and said to my mate I didnt think he had that in his locker

• Like 1

When is Australias next game?  surely he wint be featured in our next game as its a Friday night? ridiculous to have us playing Friday considering we have players that feature for their countries more than most teams in the league

Loved the bit where the ball was bouncing kinda awkwardly between 2 Blackburn players and he just stormed between the pair of them bursting through with the ball off his chest to set up a counter. 

Nice. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When is Australias next game?  surely he wint be featured in our next game as its a Friday night? ridiculous to have us playing Friday considering we have players that feature for their countries more than most teams in the league

Tues 15th Nov.  Its being played at the Rajamangala in Thailand. 12 hour flight.....pffft short haul!

11 hours ago, Ponky said:

I wish I could agree ,  but I can't ,  I've frequently seen him get very simple passes wrong.  He almost seems better at delivering a more difficult pass than the simple ones .  

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

The ball for the goal was fabulous. Other than that he did okay in terms of closing people down and using his frame to intimidate people on the ball, but his general passing was dreadful and he's not got a great deal of mobility. Yesterday was a five out of ten performance with a single ten out of ten pass. I'm not convinced he's turned some sort of corner.

• Like 1

I think last two games he shown himself to be the player I thought we were getting.

He sits just in front of the back four and cuts out any long balls before they get to our defenders meaning they can drop off slightly. I think he is a big reason as to why we are looking more solid.

His passing is very hit and miss but I'll take a dozen misplaced passes if he can produce the kind of ball he did yesterday to Kodjia and the one he did to the same player for his goal against Brentford. He actually plays way more long through balls than I thought he would.

It is a shame he will likely miss the next game as he won't be back from international duty until a day before the game. We'll miss him and a month ago I probably wouldn't have said that based on his performances at that point.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Weird, weird player.

Wins everything in the air.

Looks so uncomfortable on the ball most of the time.

Then sweeps that absolute dream pass through from nowhere.

And scores some free kick belters, and is a very good penalty taker. You'd expect a player with technique like that to be a better passer. Really weird.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully this is where a fresh Tshibola with a point to prove can step in?

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The ball for the goal was fabulous. Other than that he did okay in terms of closing people down and using his frame to intimidate people on the ball, but his general passing was dreadful and he's not got a great deal of mobility. Yesterday was a five out of ten performance with a single ten out of ten pass. I'm not convinced he's turned some sort of corner.

I couldn't disagree more. His pass percentage yesterday was a reasonably healthy 74% which is above his career average. He has been winning virtually everything in the air (7 yesterday and 12 vs the shit) and he even performed well in a 2 man midfield. He did his job protecting the back 4 and he's bloody good at his job. 

I don't think you're ever going to get much more from him than we are now. Maybe he's just not for you.

• Like 3

Â