Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

How bad was Mooy and Rogic? That's 2 poor games in a row from them, this one in comfortably the worst Australian performance of the Postecoglou era.

Jedinak solid again. 2 penalties taken and a good header from a corner forcing a very good save.

Mooy. WTF. It was like Jedinak  was his baby sitter. I had no idea what he was trying to do out there, and I don't think he did either.

Same goes for Mooy. "Will be playing for Man City soon". Yeah, my arse.

He can be decent - but he was beyond poor today. Looked like something I saw a lot of at pub level football.

Back on topic: Jedi was good again and easily our best in midfield. He'll be completely rooted running around in those conditions: Zero chance for Friday's game even if he could get back in time.

22 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

How bad was Mooy and Rogic? That's 2 poor games in a row from them, this one in comfortably the worst Australian performance of the Postecoglou era.

Jedinak solid again. 2 penalties taken and a good header from a corner forcing a very good save.

yeah i think they expected to sleep walk and win still.. early goal added to the complacency. I think Ange got the tactics wrong on this one. 

Mooy and Rogic were woeful. Pretty much everyone was.. even Ryan was poor. 

Jedinak stood out as not being as shit as them.. at least that says something! His two goals must have given him even more confidence.. shame hes out against Brighton. 

I know Bruce said Jedinak will not play but I wonder if Bruce will put him on the bench and say something like "Jedinak really wanted to feature so made the bench" Surely he could play for like 25 minutes second half if need be

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I know Bruce said Jedinak will not play but I wonder if Bruce will put him on the bench and say something like "Jedinak really wanted to feature so made the bench" Surely he could play for like 25 minutes second half if need be

I'm more hoping it will be Tshibola time!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've seen Thailand play before and they're not a joke side, or not for Australia anyway. 

Indeed. They are very good technically and showed up Australia's supposed "superior fitness and ball possession" all night. Very unlucky not to get the full points they deserved.

Got to love the sound of this!

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7521816

Bruce Talks Jedinak Ahead Of Brighton

Manager Steve Bruce has now held his pre Brighton press conference, and he's discussed the chances of Mile Jedinak getting pitch time following the international break.

Following the game against Blackburn Rovers before our internationals headed off on duty, Bruce had said that Jedinak wouldn't be involved in Friday's fixture as he gave him time to recover from the travelling - however owing to his good form and the manner in which the Socceroos skipper returned to training - Bruce is now weighing up his options.

Speaking to the Official Site as he met with the media earlier today, Bruce explained that a decision would be made after training today - so presumably he's now made his mind up.

'I have just seen Mile Jedinak for the first time this morning - he was playing in Thailand on Tuesday. I said after the Blackburn game that he`d be out but he`s just scored twice for Australia and he`s playing very, very well at the moment. We will see how he is today and tomorrow. My initial thought was that it would be too far but he dropped a big hint to me in saying 'it`s not too bad because it`s only Thailand - Australia is another several hours from there!''

Bruce went on to say.

'He`s just walked through the door and picked up a cup of coffee and I will have a conversation with him. Knowing him, he will want to play, which is always refreshing to hear. But I have to make sure he is not fatigued. I will make that decision. It`s the big, key one.'

If Jedinak is fit given his recent upturn in form - well the upturn of the form of everyone - even if the decision is taken to have the experienced beard on the bench, it has to be a positive.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, AJ said:

This makes sense. Jetlag messes you up the most when you fly west, so I understand if he is bright eyed and bushy tailed flying back to Inglin.

I'm sure I'm being stupid and missing something obvious here, but England is west of Thailand. 

• Like 1

Â