Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought today was his best game for us. In the first half particularly he was excellent.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought he was awful first half. His passing was atrocious. Improved in the second half. 

I thought he was consistently solid all game though stood out in the second half. Bossed the midfield, though Wigan putting 11 men behind the ball for 80 minutes made his life a little easier in some respects. 

A solid 7/10 after a stinker against Leeds. Pleased with him overall, though he deffo needs somebody with legs and a decent touch next to him. 

• Like 4

After a bit of a shakey settling in period where there were doubts about him,  and I doubted too,  I'm delighted that he is now showing why a few of us thought he would be vital for us in this league and in the position we were in. 

• Like 4

I think he is now the player we all hoped we were getting and overall I think he has been excellent under Bruce who I think as asked him just to sit in front of the back four and cut out as much as he can before it requires our defenders to get involved. This has allowed the centre backs to take a step back so if Jedi doesn’t break up play then they aren’t out of position.

His distribution can be sloppy at times but I have also been surprised by his ability to pick out a long pass. Not quite as surprised as I was on Saturday though when he also popped up in the final third on the right wing :)

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

The guy is class for me. He does the job he is asked to do and does it very well.

He plays his role very well, for sure and I love what he does. I'd be hesitant to use the word class though because it makes me think of technique and refinement, whereas his game is all about containing/destroying the opposition. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He plays his role very well, for sure and I love what he does. I'd be hesitant to use the word class though because it makes me think of technique and refinement, whereas his game is all about containing/destroying the opposition. 

He's class at what he does which requires skill. Yes it's not exactly refined or slick but it still requires technique.

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He's class at what he does which requires skill. Yes it's not exactly refined or slick but it still requires technique.

In a way, I suppose - feels like his game is more about experience, graft and physicality rather than his technique though. 

Edited by lexicon

I'm going there - I think he's a liability.

For all his physicality, he cannot move quickly enough across the pitch and cannot turn effectively.  What this means is that we need to pack the midfield and look light up top OR get completely overrun in the middle.  He seems to either dominate or be a hindrance and in either sense, we somehow need to build the team around him?!  Urgh.

he puts himself about and he wins his fair share. playing him with a nonentity like Westwood is not going to get anything out of him. looks a hell of a lot better next to Gardner which says it all

said before Bacuna has start next to him

Just now, Zatman said:

he puts himself about and he wins his fair share. playing him with a nonentity like Westwood is not going to get anything out of him. looks a hell of a lot better next to Gardner which says it all

said before Bacuna has start next to him

So you'd go 2 man midfield?  As long as that would work, we'd be fine.

Look how easy that goal tonight would be stopped if Jedi could stay central with confidence, so playing a 3 (especially away from home) with Bacuna either Westwood / Tish as they can do the running for Jedi and let him concentrate on staying in front of the two CBs.

Â