Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Bruce plays him at CB as he is good in the air , Bruce assumes because he likes to play lump ball everyone else will so having someone good in the air at CB is all that is needed for the position....ironic that when they did lump he ball forward Jed was so far out of position any ability in the air was completely cancelled out and Donaldson scored ..

10 hours ago, Fazilla said:

I just couldn't understand why Jedinak was played on the left given that he can't use his left foot and Chester had been playing on the left in JT's absence.  For the second goal didn't he take a wild swing with his left foot and completely missed it.

And have you seen him use his right ? Nothing to write home about either.

He had a shocker. Simple as.

I get the first goal was a player caught out in a unfamiliar postition so can forgive him for that.

But the second error was just so sloppy and just because he would have got away with it in midfield doesn't make it acceptable when he at the back.

I think after that he could have lost his head but he did ok to be fair to him. Shows his character. 

Moves like he'd had Arthrodesis on his legs.

So does Terry and Samba, but at least they are played in their natural position so they don't look as awkward.

We are being punished for our transfer approach of signing too many elderly players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Moves like he'd had Arthrodesis on his legs.

So does Terry and Samba, but at least they are played in their natural position so they don't look as awkward.

We are being punished for our transfer approach of signing too many elderly players.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Jedinak even in his natural position, but i find it difficult to be too hard on him for yesterday. 

He isn't, and has never been a defender,  and we all know his distribution of the ball is terrible. He was an accident waiting to happen at CB and thats down to Bruce. 

I refuse to believe that Elphick, one of the youth lads, or even RDL wouldn't have been a better option yesterday. 

Jedinak was rubbish yesterday but the selection of him at CB was absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by av1

He is better than whelan as a defensive midfielder but should not play in defence again . 

Other Clubs will have seen how easily he is exposed and target him as the weak link 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

He is better than whelan as a defensive midfielder but should not play in defence again . 

Other Clubs will have seen how easily he is exposed and target him as the weak link 

See if don't get this love in with Jedinak here even in his preferred position. It's nothing personal but he is a woeful footballer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I would say he plays to his strengths better than Whelan. In the defensive midfield role he sits in front of the back 4 and knows his limitations with regard to distribution. 

Whelan gets round the pitch too much for me. He gets pulled out of postion, leaving gaps which then forces Hurihane to play too deep. 

I'm not a huge fan of either, but like you, id probably just have Jedinak infront of him. 

13 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Conveniently ignoring the two examples of him playing at centre back in clean sheet wins which dispels your argument, very nice. 

LOL so because those games had a clean sheet he must have played well? Absolute rubbish. If you actually bothered to watch the Wigan game you'd have seen what a calamity he was. But continue to make your arguments based off of google searches.

The first goal was actually more concerning than the second for me. I mean, an air kick is completely embarrassing, but they can happen to anyone - Salah did one when through on goal the other night - and it's just a blunder. But the first showed such a lack of comprehension about where a CB should be standing and what he should do in that situation that I just don't think he can realistically learn it and master it at this stage of his career. 

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The first goal was actually more concerning than the second for me. I mean, an air kick is completely embarrassing, but they can happen to anyone - Salah did one when through on goal the other night - and it's just a blunder. But the first showed such a lack of comprehension about where a CB should be standing and what he should do in that situation that I just don't think he can realistically learn it and master it at this stage of his career. 

Yards out of position on several occasions - poor ball control , decent at heading but that’s all he offers as a defender

If your easiah suliman or even tommy elphick you must be thinking what's the point. Why am i even here. He bangs on that o'hare will get his chance. It's merely lip service. He'll go through every possible option before he gives him a chance. I mean he stumbled across davis by sheer accident let's be honest. Kids will not get a proper crack under Bruce. 

23 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is 100% right. The second goal was just a slip that anyone could make on a bad day. But his positional play was a bit bizarre throughout the whole match and I hope marked the end of the Jedi-As-Defender experiment.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

If your easiah suliman or even tommy elphick you must be thinking what's the point. Why am i even here. He bangs on that o'hare will get his chance. It's merely lip service. He'll go through every possible option before he gives him a chance. I mean he stumbled across davis by sheer accident let's be honest. Kids will not get a proper crack under Bruce. 

I think he is scared ****less of the physicality of this league and thinks they are not ready,and refs won't protect them...... i don't think its anything to do with their ability.

I think in key positions and the odd exception like Samba, we don't put ourselves about enough, but injuries highlight this too.

Â