Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

This team needs a leader, sooner this guys in it the better.

I think Elphick is a a natural leader but we could certainly do with more. Jedinak will provide strength in midfield and as a replacement for Gardner it's a no brainer.

13 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I think Elphick is a a natural leader but we could certainly do with more. Jedinak will provide strength in midfield and as a replacement for Gardner it's a no brainer.

Pretty much. The last two games we've gone to shit in the second half, especially in central midfield where we've become overran and unable to dictate the tempo of games. Hopefully Jedinak will provide a corrective to this. 

On 19 August 2016 at 15:30, Fight Like Lions said:

Has he been assigned a squad number yet?

On 19 August 2016 at 15:32, dounavilla said:

On 19 August 2016 at 16:08, withes_shin said:

I'm guessing 18

Elphick is 6 and Libor has 18 so I guess he doesn't have a number yet. With Lescott not going it doesn't free up 16 either so he's probably going to have to wear 20-something. Must be missing out on shirt sales already, imagine Jedinak will be a popular player.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Elphick is 6 and Libor has 18 so I guess he doesn't have a number yet. With Lescott not going it doesn't free up 16 either so he's probably going to have to wear 20-something. Must be missing out on shirt sales already, imagine Jedinak will be a popular player.

Im not buying his strip if its got 20 something on it. This is an Aussie bearded warrior we are talking about.... villa better show him some due respect..

26 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Im not buying his strip if its got 20 something on it. This is an Aussie bearded warrior we are talking about.... villa better show him some due respect..

I think every number up to 23 is now taken other than number 9. If nobody leaves then he's going to be number 24 at the lowest. Nothing to do with showing a lack of respect, that's just how it works. 

9 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I think every number up to 23 is now taken other than number 9. If nobody leaves then he's going to be number 24 at the lowest. Nothing to do with showing a lack of respect, that's just how it works. 

I was being a bit silly and bias towards my national teams captain. I wouldn't base my strip purchase on a number alone....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was being a bit silly and bias towards my national teams captain. I wouldn't base my strip purchase on a number alone....

I'd actually kind of agree with your point anyway to be fair. Looking at some of the players who've been given squad numbers there's clearly some who will never play and don't want to be here. Could perhaps have saved a few numbers knowing that players were likely to be coming in. I suppose potentially some could leave this week freeing up a number or two for new players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAL said:

We need him so bad along with others our current midfielders cant be relied on :(

Correct, but we were two central midfielders down yesterday and still should have won the game.

Can't keep saying that I know, but things are looking up.

Â