UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

I don't think Rugeley has actually put much thought into anything and/or is being more than a little disingenuous.

Maybe. It reads like an opinion peice you might find in the s*n. I say opinion peice, I mean on the front page. 

Personally, no issue with people voting for whoever they like. Labour, Tory, Libs, UKIP, BNP, Greens, whatever. As long as they can explain why without resorting to nonsense.

A very good friend of mine, I'd consider him family, is a Trump advocate. I hate that about him, but his reasoning is watertight even if I can't help but feel that he should get back in the sea the dirty fascist. 

• Like 1

I've never been a member of The Labour Party, but I know a hell of a lot of Labour voters, many of whom are members, some actually work for the party. I can honestly say that not a single one of them is remotely racist or anti-semitic - the very diametric opposite, in fact.

I have encountered a lot of racists of various degrees of nastiness, and - to a man or woman - they have been Kippers or Tories. 

• Like 2

I could vouch the same. I've never been a member of the Labour party but I have hung around a few of them and I've been fairly active in a union. I knew the previous Labour MP here and I know a few local Labour councillors.

I've never known one of them be racist or anti semitic.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've never been a member of The Labour Party, but I know a hell of a lot of Labour voters, many of whom are members, some actually work for the party. I can honestly say that not a single one of them is remotely racist or anti-semitic - the very diametric opposite, in fact.

I have encountered a lot of racists of various degrees of nastiness, and - to a man or woman - they have been Kippers or Tories. 

If you switched labour and Tory around in your post I could give the exact same anecdote 

the way I look at it people have their opinions it isn't dictated by where they put their X every 5 years .

Growing up my mates were predominantly Labour voters  , occasionally we'd get drunken Thatcher rants down the pub by one of  them but by and large nobody really discussed politics ... fast forward 20 odd years and they all pretty much vote Tory now.

As the Housemartins said....They pretend they're differing points of view ,but 'its only different shades of blue

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

This man is apparently the voice of the working class.

Nigel Farage has said he is relieved to no longer be Ukip leader because it had meant “having to deal with low-grade people every day”, in an interview where he said his £85,000-a-year salary had left him “poor” compared with his City banker friends.

“I am having a great time,” he said. “I am not having to deal with low-grade people every day. I am not responsible for what our branch secretary in Lower Slaughter said half-cut on Twitter last night – that isn’t my fault any more. I don’t have to go to eight-hour party executive meetings.

Farage said his years as Ukip leader had meant he had sacrificed much of his earning potential. “I have no regrets about being poor,” he said of his MEP’s salary. “I don’t drive smart cars, I don’t go on fancy holidays. All my money has gone on my kids’ education."

That's his £85,000 a year salary.

Edited by StefanAVFC

• 2 weeks later...
Â