UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Journeyman politician now on his 3rd club.

Lib Dems eyeing up a bid for next season.

Who’s sniggling now?

Did you hear the opening to his statement?

He had apparently positioned himself behind a giant flag, started spouting his nonsense and all the journalists were giggling, one assumes, because a giant flag was saying it wanted it's country back.

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Did you hear the opening to his statement?

He had apparently positioned himself behind a giant flag, started spouting his nonsense and all the journalists were sniggling, one assumes, because a giant flag was saying it wanted it's country back.

FTFY ;)

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling that he’ll do or say something so controversial they’ll end up disowning him quite soon.

Difficult to think of anything left at the bottom of the barrel, that they haven’t already dredged up. Has a political party ever been more deserving of this two faced lying charlatan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Difficult to think of anything left at the bottom of the barrel, that they haven’t already dredged up. Has a political party ever been more deserving of this two faced lying charlatan.

He has that mix of stupidity, over confidence and high profile. He’ll say or do something in the next few weeks and it’ll be big news and Reform will shit the bed and bin him off in a panic. Thats my prediction.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

He has that mix of stupidity, over confidence and high profile. He’ll say or do something in the next few weeks and it’ll be big news and Reform will shit the bed and bin him off in a panic. Thats my prediction.

I don't see how he could say anything much more stupid or offensive than what made his disgraceful excuse for a career. Reform know exactly who he is, and they love the controversy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Genie said:

I don't think he's overconfident. He strikes me as a deeply insecure person on a number of levels, hence getting so defensive when he thinks people are laughing at him. It was only a few weeks ago that he literally admitted changing how he was going to vote at the last minute because people were laughing at him. Like a lot of people he overcompensates through bravado but like you say, he's actually stupid, so he gives the game away with what he actually says when you listen. He even did it again yesterday when he talked about his parents saying he needed to go to reform in order for them to vote for him. I mean, what the **** is that? He can't even count on his parents unconditional support? That maybe hints to something in his upbringing, but who knows. Ultimately, his insecurity causes him to look for some kind of validation or affirmation wherever he can find it so he has to call about the emails and letters he says he receives from people saying "you go, Lee!".

So yeah, total bellend. Obviously one of those guys who's definitely a racist but lacks the self awareness to know he is. Undoubtedly very stupid. Manbaby.

• Like 3

Interesting split between UK and US conservatism, the Conservative Party in the UK has managed to sort of keep its soul (as much as it ever had one) because the lunatic fringe is mostly outside, i.e. in the UKIP/reform parties, so that's where it shoves the loonies. As the US is such a severely 2 party system, there is nowhere for the loonies to go and they've infected the Replicans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony said:

The Conservative Party in the UK has managed to sort of keep its soul (as much as it ever had one) because the lunatic fringe is mostly outside, i.e. in the UKIP/reform parties 

You reckon? 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Interesting split between UK and US conservatism, the Conservative Party in the UK has managed to sort of keep its soul (as much as it ever had one) because the lunatic fringe is mostly outside, i.e. in the UKIP/reform parties, so that's where it shoves the loonies. As the US is such a severely 2 party system, there is nowhere for the loonies to go and they've infected the Replicans. 

My understanding is that a lot of traditional Tory voters want the party dead, so a proper Conservative party can form.

50 Tory MP's won't be standing for re-election, suggests that they are getting out to avoid the humiliation.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You reckon? 

Yeah, hence the words 'sort of', but particularly compared to what's happening in the US where the Republicans have been 100% taken over by Trump. 

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

"Conservative" is the actual silent majority of the UK.

No, I don’t think so. A sizeable minority, nationally, sure, and in safe Tory seats, maybe even a (local) majority, but absolutely no way a majority of the uk. Good description, mind.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

No, I don’t think so. A sizeable minority, nationally, sure, and in safe Tory seats, maybe even a (local) majority, but absolutely no way a majority of the uk. Good description, mind.

Silent plurality then. But unfortunately that's not an overused and easily borrowed phrase. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ml1dch said:

The traditional Tory voters are still the "don't make a fuss, Kenneth" sort.

"Conservative" is the actual silent majority of the UK.

I think a better definition of "conservative" would be the "silenced majority" who have learned to keep their traps shut.

Metroland has gone forever, leaving the squalid and meretricious to reign.

Â