UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

A significant Reform vote would virtually wipe out the Tories, but what it says about the general population would be concerning.

seeing the tories relegated to the 3rd post popular political party in the UK but then having reform as the new opposition

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

seeing the tories relegated to the 3rd post popular political party in the UK but then having reform as the new opposition

spacer.png

Even if Reform win a seat (and they'd be unlikely to even do that), the Lib Dems would become the opposition in the event of a Tory wipeout. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Even if Reform win a seat (and they'd be unlikely to even do that), the Lib Dems would become the opposition in the event of a Tory wipeout. 

You're probably not wrong. They're currently polling at about where Ukip did  when they got a decent percentage and a single seat.

Lib Dems ended up with 8 seats from 7.9%, Ukip got 1 seat from 12.5. Electoral reform is already one of Reform's goals, presumably expecting this kind of result, and as much as I despise them, on that topic, I'd be right behind them.

Governments ending up with insurmountable majorities despite getting well under a majority of the electorate who cast a vote, while millions of people have little representation because they're spread out is a situation we're much better off out of.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Lib Dems ended up with 8 seats from 7.9%, Ukip got 1 seat from 12.5. Electoral reform is already one of Reform's goals, presumably expecting this kind of result, and as much as I despise them, on that topic, I'd be right behind them.

That rather does depend on their vision.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That rather does depend on their vision.

Ultimately the clearings in the woods will never have enough direct influence to implement their vision, but they've already stated they're in favour of some form of PR. It'd be a decent outcome IMO if as the election after this one approaches, they're making enough noise about it and polling well enough that it scares Labour into action.

Might be pie in the sky though - I think the UKIP 2015 result showed our system up for the undemocratic farce that it is, but it stopped being a story within days.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

A significant Reform vote would virtually wipe out the Tories, but what it says about the general population would be concerning.

Although Sunak is certain to retain his Richmond seat, a lot of Tory voters feel so betrayed by the present government, that they want to see the end of the Conservative party according to Peter Hitchens.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Although Sunak is certain to retain his Richmond seat, a lot of Tory voters feel so betrayed by the present government, that they want to see the end of the Conservative party according to Peter Hitchens.

Yep, I’m half way there with that sentiment.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

I also want an elected second chamber devoid of any party allegiance and (this one bit is my own personal fantasy)

I only raise this because you're normally right about most stuff on these threads, but this is a terrible, unworkable idea. 

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even Reform are the establishment now apparently.

The leadership are a bunch of grifters, who seem to be using the Meloni tactic of coming on strong to get noticed and will gradually move towards the centre, depending on the polling.

On 17/03/2024 at 09:39, ml1dch said:

You're projecting a level of political engagement and interest amongst the wider population which just doesn't exist. At most recent polling around 10% of British adults didn't know who Rishi Sunak is and nearly a quarter didn't know who Keir Starmer is. 

QED, if you're still labouring under the misapprehension that the next election will be fought on what Stockport thinks about Douglas Murray's view on trans-rights and how the woke blob is silencing him.

Edited by ml1dch

Could have easily gone in the cheer you up thread…

The former actor Laurence Fox will not be a candidate at the London mayoral elections after failing to fill in the nomination forms correctly.

London Elects, which administers the mayoral and London Assembly elections, said the Reclaim party leader had submitted the papers shortly before the deadline on Wednesday, which were subsequently found to contain errors.

Fox, who last acted on screens in a 2022 film distributed by the far-right website Breitbart, is understood to have failed to provide enough signatures of support in two London boroughs, while three supporters from other boroughs could not be found in records.

Guardian

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Guardian

I know he’s part of the grifterati, but I do worry that in his case, I do think he could actually be having some sort of mental health issue. Some of his stuff, about his kids and Billie Piper, he doesn’t come over as particularly stable.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Guardian

We’ve missed out on him losing miserably and the conspiracy theories around why that was. Shame.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So it appears Reform have dropped a candidate for the next GE because of a "lack of activity"

Normally you would say fair enough, good strategy.

It's a bit harsh though as he's dead.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

So it appears Reform have dropped a candidate for the next GE because of a "lack of activity"

Normally you would say fair enough, good strategy.

It's a bit harsh though as he's dead.

If they’re referring to lack of brain activity they’d need to drop all their candidates.

• Like 1

Â