Pre Match Thread

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wigan vs Blackburn seems the main game on Championship this saturday so this could be hard to watch for non- UK Villa fans 

I kinda glad I can't subject myself to this after sitting through throwing away a point on the weekend and all 90 minutes of the cup tie. 

I don't care how we do it, but we need a win... and an exorcist.

I'm dragging the Mrs to this (she's actually quite excited so no dragging required) but she does appreciate we might well lose though. She's not been since we lost 0-3 to Wigan... Was it December 2013? So fingers crossed its a win and a better display now. 

I'd go with (as I don't think Chester will sign in time):

Gollini 

Hutton   Elphick   Baker    Amavi

Bacuna  Westwood  Tshibola  Grealish

Ayew      McCormack

I know Hutton is rubbish, I know Bacuna is poor, I know Grealish isn't a winger and I know Westwood and Tshibola are similar holding players in what they do... But who else have we got!?

Westwood won't play surely if he's leaving?

Worries me what sort of midfield we'll be putting out for this...can see Gardner starting again!

Just  have to hope the strikers click for this one as Rotherham will be a relegation struggler and they conceded against a Wolves team with 10 men.

If Adama had any sort of fitness I'd throw him in and move Bacuna to RB as at least there's plenty of pace on the right. Amavi in aswell which could happen. We need as much pace in the team as possible. 

Having given it further thought and putting Wednesday night behind us:

Gollini

Bacuna - Elphick - Baker - Amavi

Gardner - Westwood - Tshibola

Grealish 

Ayew - McCormack

Get the full backs to offer us width, we have to have 3 in midfield because we're simply not strong enough with just 2. Grealish given the opportunity to play more centrally will offer much more I'd have thought. Ayew and McCormack should be ripping this league apart with correct service and I trust Bacuna, Amavi and Grealish to provide that service more than any of our other players. 

Comfortable 4-0 win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Is Baker going to be fit for this?  Please don't say we're going to have Richards at CB again....

Looks like Chester was signed in time so throw him in I say...he's been playing for Wales all summer so should be sharp.

we need another check side

-----------------------Gunn

Hutton----Richards------Lescott----Cissokho

--------Westwood------------Gardner

Bacuna-----------------------------Grealish

----Agbonlahor--------------Gestede

That should do it and prompt another 6 or 7 new signings ;-)

I'd like to see

Gollini

Chester Elphick Baker

Green        Tschibola        Amavi

Vertout

McGoal      Grealish

Ayew

Bunn Okore Gardner Westwood RHM Kozak