Pre Match Thread

Demitri_C

They lost 5-4 aet tonight to morecambe. With a few first teamers playing aswell. They should give us a chance to score... But we will have to defend well.

Will reserve judgement on my predicted line up until after tomorrow's game!

Going to this one on Saturday, my first home game in a while as gave up attending during last season. Really excited to get back to VP and to have a fixture that looks winnable on paper... That's been a long time coming! 

I imagine RDM will go with what he thinks is his strongest side, that might change after tonight against Luton though. If Hepburn-Murphy gets a chance against Luton and does will I'd love to see him get a chance in the league.

I'm pretty sure the top of the Trinity is closed for this one... Unless it's going to be closed all year? When I went to look most of the lower trinity was yellow or green but the top was all red, so seemingly closed. 

Hard to know what team to suggest - we are about 6 signings away from even a half-decent outfit

On tonights showing I think I'd have to go

Gollini

Richards(!) Elphick Baker  Amavi

Westwood(!)  Tschibola

Bacuna(!)   McCormack   Grealish(!)

Ayew

Not even convincing myself with that lot

Gollini

Bacuna - Elphick - Baker - Amavi

Tshibola - Lyden - Westwood

Ayew

McCormack - Hepburn-Murphy

The full backs can provide width, the midfield should be good enough and the front 3 need to be creative and fluid and outscore Rotherham 

I just assume we will lose but I hope we at least look like we're trying. 

I'd like to see just two from this group:

Ayew, McCormack, Gestede, Green, Grealish, Traore, 

And four proper midfielders.

The difficulty in so far as I can see is that we have the following to pick from in that area:

Tshibola, Westwood, Gardner, Bacuna and maybe Lyden. 

We need three more midfielders. At the moment, it's hard to pick a legitimate team in which Gardner doesn't start without playing a forward on the wing.

Personally, I'd give Bacuna a go at right back with Baker and Elphick in the middle, Amavi at left back and Gallini in goal.

In front of those I'd have all of our midfielders - everyone - all four.

And then two from the group at the top.

Our lack of midfield is just dreadful, and it's frightening to think what might happen if it's not addressed. One won't be enough.

Gollini

Okore--Elphick--Baker

Green--Tshibola--Bacuna--Westwood--Grealish

McCormack--Ayew

And give Gestede and Amavi the last twenty minutes

I think we'll win 2-1

I also think we need to sign players in every area of the pitch.

:flag:

Edited by 8pints
I guess that old team in the shirts thing doesn't work anymore :)

What i am worried about is if we go 1 or 2 down, which lets not kid ourselfs this squad is poor, the crowd will start getting on the players back and it will become a hostile environment! We know some of these players are dog turd but we do have a couple of new signings in that team, we dont want to tar them with the same brush.