Demitri_C

-------------------------Gollini

Lyden-------Elphick---Chester-----Amavi

-------------Tshibola-------Westwood----------

---McCormack-----Ayew--------Grealish 

------------------------Gestede--------------------- 

Is how i would go.

What i think will happen.

As above, but Hutton at RB instead of Lyden. McCormack up top instead Gestede, with Bacuna on the right of the front 3. 

Whatever the formation, if we can't beat Rotherham at home we may as well throw in the towe

3-0 win.

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

-------------------------Gollini

Lyden-------Elphick---Chester-----Amavi

-------------Tshibola-------Westwood----------

---McCormack-----Ayew--------Grealish 

------------------------Gestede--------------------- 

Is how i would go.

What i think will happen.

As above, but Hutton at RB instead of Lyden. McCormack up top instead Gestede, with Bacuna on the right of the front 3. 

Whatever the formation, if we can't beat Rotherham at home we may as well throw in the towe

3-0 win.

Gestede is a carthorse. Unless you play wingers and hit the box at every oppurtunity he's useless. I'd play Lyden or even Bacuna RB just hopefully not Hutton. McCormack and Ayew through the middle for me at the minute. As for the wide men I'm baffled as none have done enough so would probably give Grealish and Green another chance. Jack needs to step up now though no excuses. 

23 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Regardless of my, or anybody else's thoughts on our current plight, it's time to get down to Villa Park tomorrow and support the team. I'll be doing the same. 

2-0 to the Villa.

UTV

Indeed. There is some good deals on aswell. I got an adult and child combi for me and my son, in k7 for £30. 

Can't grumble at that. 

1 minute ago, westholmevillan said:

Lets hope your not 'grumbling' at 5pm!

Mate I'll be grumbling at 3.01pm if Richards and Hutton are in the first 11 

I hope we see…

_____________________Gollini___________________

__Lyden______Elphick________Baker____Amavi__

__Traore___Westwood______Tshibola___Grealish_

___________McCormack____Ayew______________

Subs:

Bunn, Chester, Bennet, Gardner, Bacuna, Green, Gestede 

looking at Rotherham squad and cant say too much about them, few names from the past in Stephen Kelly, Greg Halford, Mattock and Kirk Broadfoot. granted its Wiki but only have 2 strikers and neither have what you call good records...... so I expect 1 of them to get a hat-trick

this is a game we should really win

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

looking at Rotherham squad and cant say too much about them, few names from the past in Stephen Kelly, Greg Halford, Mattock and Kirk Broadfoot. granted its Wiki but only have 2 strikers and neither have what you call good records...... so I expect 1 of them to get a hat-trick

Danny Ward is a decent striker at this level...not prolific but works hard and can nick a goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jake Forster-Caskey is a very good, young midfielder (son of Darren), he used to play for Brighton

Lee Camp is an excellent keeper at Championship, he used to play for Derby

They've got some very useful players in their squad, I didn't realise it was so strong, I think it'll be a very tough game

If Baker is fit I wonder if RDM will go with one of these formations. 4-4-1-1:

Gollini

Chester - Elphick - Baker - Amavi

Bacuna - Tshibola - Westwood - Ayew

McCormack 

Gestede

Or 5-3-2:

Gollini

Chester - Elphick - Baker

Bacuna                              -                                Amavi

Tshibola - Westwood - Gardner

Ayew - McCormack

If not I imagine Hutton will fit in at right back in the 4-4-1-1 formation. Does show how weak our midfield is though...

I imagine Rotherham to sit back so really could do with lots of pressure and keeping the action at their end. Gestede therefore won't really need to move so might do ok....

Really hope Richards is nowhere near the team. After last season and Luton he just needs to go. Whilst Hutton maybe a liability, at least he bloody tries.

Edited by cyrusr
Adding comment