Match Thread: Sheff Wed v Villa

limpid

No need for alarm just yet but we do need to get Amavi fit asap to give us a bit more of an attacking presence down the left. We also, clearly, need 2 new midfielders to come in for the chuckle brothers and then bin Bacuna off for a proper winger. Elphick looks solid, as does Gollini.

has anyone noticed that whoever is doing the updates on Facebook is new  ? last season the Villa official side was ALWAYS so very positive, finding the positives in every single loss and never criticized anything, the new person seems to be a bit more realistic and honest. whoever did our Facebook last season really really annoyed me, so I am pleased to see that they have changed things.

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

Explain whywhy because I've seen him make decent interceptions and got his foot in well and his passing has been good, not seeing how his performance so far could be described as anything but solid especially considering that he's in there beside a player who is having a shocker

hes playing as a defensive mid and yet time and time again Wednesday players have been able to receive passes and even take down long balls unchallenged 30 yards from our goal. Both gardner and westwood have been inept, wednesday are cutting through with ease

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Christ almighty..... reading this thread...

O'Leary was right. What a miserable, negative, entitled bunch of pricks the Villa fan base is.

Ppl said the same as you after 5 games last season

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm really pleased with Elphick.

A positive note on Bacuna - he hasn't pulled someones arm in the penalty area to gift a penalty or played a freakish backpass to gift them a goal.

No time to unleash Grealish!!

....yet !!!!

Westwood being anonymous despite having 3 interceptions and 1 tackle and having the most passes in our team with 3 successful long balls from 4 attempted. He's just an easy target for people to have a go at, simples

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Im starting to think Holloway was right with his comments mid week.

Jeez it the first game (well half) give them more than 50 mins. Once the players start to understand each other and get used to the system (whatever it is) they'll get better. 

For all their good play Wednesday haven't troubled our keeper. 

Just now, Chicken Field said:

has anyone noticed that whoever is doing the updates on Facebook is new  ? last season the Villa official side was ALWAYS so very positive, finding the positives in every single loss and never criticized anything, the new person seems to be a bit more realistic and honest. whoever did our Facebook last season really really annoyed me, so I am pleased to see that they have changed things.

How can you follow a match n facebook when there is so many better options