International Football General Chat

villa4europe

5 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Foden is different gravy. His technique on the ball is incredible. Hope him and Jack get to start a few games together for England. Foden and Mount have been the best players on the pitch tonight.

Foden and Jack playing together is dreamy.

I wrote a post saying Stones would **** something up during the first half but deleted it again...

When the commentary was going on about how incredible his form was

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I wrote a post saying Stones would **** something up during the first half but deleted it again...

I said before it was only matter of time. Pope put him in trouble though. you can see why Southgate prefered Pickford. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The same better sides that are struggling against Bosnia, Lithuania and North Macedonia right now?  Spain needed a last minute goal to beat Georgia the other day.  

England don’t look great but there’s really no stand out team in Europe at the moment.  Hasn’t been a better chance to win the Euros in a while. 

Belgium are probably the most settled with most of the first team playing together for quite few years now. 

These sides always step it up a gear at tournaments, or at least a few of them will and will win a tournament. We don't. 

• Like 2

Just now, PaulC said:

I said before it was only matter of time. Pope put him in trouble thought. you can see why Southgate prefered Pickford. 

I agree, Pickford has his faults, but he’s miles better overall than Pope who didn’t get anywhere near the shot either

• Like 1

A bit of good form for City doesnt hide the fact that Stones is dire tbh

Also this shape and selection is just all wrong. Rice and Phillips together, neither knows where to play or where to be. 

Â