Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

44 minutes ago, DK82 said:

And now it is out in the open I hope it gives Ross a wake up call and the club offer help and support. We always hear ex-players raving about the Villa family, now is the time to show it.

im not disagreeing with you, just hoping we can come out of this with a healthier and happier RM.

Absolutely right. The club should help him as his employer as I hope they are. From a more selfish perspective they have an investment to protect. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It sounded like an act of last resort from a man at the end of his tether with RMC. sounds like he's tried all the normal things you would expect and it's not helped. 

Bruce has been a manager for 20 years. I can't imagine some of the egotistical,  brash,  arrogant,  irresponsible,  free spirited types he must have had to deal with over and again down through the years. He made a point of specifically saying he's never had to call one out in public before. 

Doesn't sound like a man trying to get someone through depression or difficult family circumstances.  Sounds like a man who knows exactly what his circumstances are and is flabbergasted by his actions. 

Couldn't agree more. I think its highly unlikely that Bruce would have gone public yesterday if McCormack was genuinely suffering with depression.

I've suffered with depression myself, so the last thing i want to do is talk it down, but I've only got to check FB on a Saturday night to see that half of them are "depressed" because they've drunk a skin full, acted like a prick and pissed off the Mrs. Football is light years away from where it was when Stan and Gazza both sadly battled their demons. They now have access to (and are surrounded by) the best medical professionals that money can buy, if he was depressed the club would know it, and the manager would not be throwing the guy under the a bus.

Taking into account his past, and the managers comments, i think its much more likely that Ross is suffering from being a knob jockey rather than having a genuine illness.  

I simply can not believe that a manager as experienced as Steve Bruce would leave himself open to the shit storm of abuse that would inevitably come his way if their was any suggestion that one of his players was battling depression. 

10 hours ago, BigAl said:

Bruce is just after throwing him under the bus ,it obviously is to get  a reaction from him it will be either a stroke of genius and Ross will catch fire and have a great 2nd half to the season or this will be the beginning of the end for him at Villa .

That's quite hilarious if you think that's to motivate him. Bruce is bring honest and stating he won't tolerate behaviour like this 

• Like 1

Bruce is no doctor and people with depression will often seek to hide it at all costs, including making silly excuses for not showing up to things. That said McCormack does have a history of misbehavior, reportedly not showing up for a tour whilst at Leeds and being arrested and convicted in the past for drink driving (this things are potentially just the tip of the iceberg). 

All in all he has been a disastrous signing. Stuck me a gross over-spend at the time, he's a really limited player who isn't really adaptable enough for the managers he has played for here, and now this episode just underscores things, and given his previous perhaps a little more due diligence should have been done at the time of his signing (cheers RDM). 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

While his  behaviour is a disgrace and can't be accepted, now that it's out in the open, should he decide to up his game and get his head down wouldn't it be great if as fans we accepted that everyone goes through personal problems and offered support rather than abuse if and when he plays again? I'm sure Bruce won't bring him back in until he shows desire. But after everything gabby has done, for so long, to show absolutely no care for the club, and yet he still comes back and fans sing his name (which amazes me) surely there has to be a future for Ross? I think a bit of understanding is needed from everyone here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

While his  behaviour is a disgrace and can't be accepted, now that it's out in the open, should he decide to up his game and get his head down wouldn't it be great if as fans we accepted that everyone goes through personal problems and offered support rather than abuse if and when he plays again? I'm sure Bruce won't bring him back in until he shows desire. But after everything gabby has done, for so long, to show absolutely no care for the club, and yet he still comes back and fans sing his name (which amazes me) surely there has to be a future for Ross? I think a bit of understanding is needed from everyone here. 

Hang on a bit mate. The manager has called Ross out because he's been acting like a dick, at this stage thats all we know and Ross does have form. Suddenly over the last couple of pages we've diagnosed the bloke with depression and all should be supporting the bloke, when there is no evidence at this point to back that up. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Hang on a bit mate. The manager has called Ross out because he's been acting like a dick, at this stage thats all we know and Ross does have form. Suddenly over the last couple of pages we've diagnosed the bloke with depression and all should be supporting the bloke, when there is no evidence at this point to back that up. 

That's not what I said. I. Quite clearly said if he gets his head down and sorts himself out, then what's the difference between him and gabby? Oh, hang on, gabby was Iver weight, unfit and embarrassing the club while we were having our worst season in recent history. Ross may well be struggling with depression or going through some difficult things, but i can't see how everyone in the holte can forgive gabby and sing his name  and somehow not even entertain the idea of supporting mccormack. 

I suggest we cut our losses and sell him on, even if it's for a significant loss. For the following reasons :

*He's rubbish and he's not going to improve  

*He's old and his transfer value will only decrease. 

*He's fat and clearly can't be arsed.

*We can no longer pander to this sort of nonsense.  

*Our manager doesn't seem seem rate him. 

ANOTHER monumental waste of money by Villa. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I suggest we cut our losses and sell him on, even if it's for a significant loss. For the following reasons :

*He's rubbish and he's not going to improve  

*He's old and his transfer value will only decrease. 

*He's fat and clearly can't be arsed.

*We can no longer pander to this sort of nonsense.  

*Our manager doesn't seem seem rate him. 

ANOTHER monumental waste of money by Villa. 

Cut our losses by how much ?

would we take or get £8m ?

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Cut our losses by how much ?

would we take or get £8m ?

Given our record our of signing players for large fees, on large contracts and then releasing them for nothing, almost any fee would be a bonus. 

But I suspect we've given him such such large contract that nobody in the championship would be able to match, we'll be stuck with the useless waste of space.

The new N'Zogbia. 

I said it before it was a panic signing after we were beaten by Boro in a pre-season friendly. was never any indication we had a plan or an idea in mind on how to play him. RDM definitely didnt have a clue about it

• Like 1

Well this is interesting isn't it?

I guess this explains why he looks unfit and slightly chubby.  If it is depression that he is going through because of the divorce, i think he needs some time away from the spotlight.

Many players have gone through the same issue but they all deal with it differently.  I do believe that he has some attitude issue hence why he hasn't been part of the national team ect.

It's a shame that we continue sign players that are not 100% mentally it seems to be our luck. 

What i would not like to see is if he came back into the starting 11 and our fans booed him. However, i guess one of the ways to change that is if the club or RM release some sort of statement detailing the issue and asking the fans to back him.

• Like 1

Â