Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Just now, Enda said:

Show us the chances he's had at this level and I'll agree with you.

The level has nothing to do with it for me and I don't need you to agree with me.

I don't rate him, plain and simple. If he goes on to prove me wrong i'll happily hold my hands up but I don't see us playing to his one and only strength.

2 minutes ago, KitKat said:

I feel somewhat alone in thinking that's not a bad team given the current quality and fitness of the squad... Plenty of attacking intent with the 3 strikers. 

There doesn't seem to be much balance to it, but I'll wait until it starts before I moan.  Could perhaps be a diamond with Ayew at the tip of it but then we'd have to rely on Hutton and Cissokho delivering to Rudy.  I was hoping never to see Gestede start a match for us ever again. 

• Like 1

Hutton, Bacuna, Cissokho, Westwood arent even up to it at this level. woeful midfield again will probably be over ran

I dread another season of Scottish Cafu rampaging up the right flank as our playmaker

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

They are on the original lineup

Bunn, Okore, Richards, Amavi, Tshibola, Green, Grealish

Not much by way of an attacking option to change anything

4-2-3-1 ?

S3q7RiY.jpg

This except Ayew is the AC and McCormack the AL, I think. 

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Don't get why we still have to put up with shit like Cissokho. I don't think I've ever been so angry watching a game as swansea away last season.

Shocking player.

Amavi isn't match fit. Who else are we going to play?

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Don't get why we still have to put up with shit like Cissokho. I don't think I've ever been so angry watching a game as swansea away last season.

Shocking player.

Hopefully Amavi can get a run out here late on and against Luton, then he will slip back into place for the foreseeable future.

Surprised Grealish didn't start but then I guess RDM sees Bacuna more likely to track back and cover for Hutton's runs. Glad McCormack starts, Gardner too. Tish and Amavi are probably not fit enough yet and will need to be brought back carefully. It's no use rushing them in and they get injured.

its clear we need more players, especially in midfield. But we can only go with players that are here, fit and ready. I'm positive we'll get it right eventually, today might be too soon to expect a win but I'm hopeful regardless. First game, new season, new league. Time to be optimistic. 

UTV! 

Man this thread is depressing and a ball hasn't even been kicked, never mind that it's still nearly a month before the transfer window closes.

Off to watch England hopefully wrap up the cricket before kick-off.

UTV

• Like 3

Reaction GIF: excited, baby, Stewie, Family Guy                                                                                                                                              

Football, I missed you!

• Like 4

Surprised with a few choices there in threat but i think whatever was chosen I'd be saying that as the players from last season are so tainted with failure and patheticness.

It also shows we aren't too far away from a half decent team - central defender, ball winner in the middle and another striker.....