Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Gardner was great for forest in the middle, he is experieneced at this level, not sure why anyone thinks his presence is a weakness. 

Also cissokho got a few good crosses in last match, just needed a scoremack on the end of them. 

Edited by Jareth

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

Thought he played in enough friendlies though.. but fair call. Suprised Bacuna impressed. Cissohko over Bennett.. Baker over Okore are other concerns. Lets see how it goes i guess.

True... Like I said I might be wrong!

Good and bad for me are ;

Richards shouldn't be within 1000 miles of the squad. 

Brilliant no sign of Lescott or Gabby.

Would prefer Amavi to Cissokko obviously but needs time to get fit. 

Glad to see Baker instead of Okore, and Gardner ahead of Sanchez - can understand why Tish not ready yet. 

Would way prefer Green or Grealish to Bacuna on both character and certainly ability grounds.

Very very disappointed to see Gestede in, but he might prove ok in the Championship - but not without a crosser of the ball,( and its not Hutton).

Ayew and McCormack excellent news.

Despite the bits I don't like, I think we will win.  Having said that, a decent performance would matter most, and the absence of mental fragility (whether evidenced by how we react to going behind or however) the MOST important thing for me.

11 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Not sure why the negativity with the line up-It's very positive and looking at the bench, there were little options, given that Amavi is still a little way off.

What it does show is just how far we have still to go in terms of rebuilding this team. The defence still needs work and the midfield needs a complete overhaul.

Agree there are at least 4 players in that line up we need to replace.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

He's probably shite as well.

Not even kicked a ball before the first game of the season and there's crap like this being posted.

Beggars belief.

• Like 3