Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Just now, a m ole said:

Amavi isn't match fit. Who else are we going to play?

My point is that our squad is so weak that we have no option. Me personally would play amavi but I understand why. Doesn't stop me being frustrated that we're still persisting with professional footballers that can't perform the very basics of skills.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hutton, Bacuna, Cissokho, Westwood arent even up to it at this level. woeful midfield again will probably be over ran

I dread another season of Scottish Cafu rampaging up the right flank as our playmaker

As much as i dislike those 4 players, we've not played a minute of football at this level yet so to say they aren't up to this level is perhaps slightly premature!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Reaction GIF: excited, baby, Stewie, Family Guy                                                                                                                                              

Football, I missed you!

Who's that in your avatar btw?

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The same Gardner who has acquitted himself very well at this level during 2 different spells? Not sure what's so shocking about that.

I wasnt criticising :blink: I really like Gardner. 

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

They are on the original lineup

Bunn, Okore, Richards, Amavi, Tshibola, Green, Grealish

Not much by way of an attacking option to change anything

4-2-3-1 ?

S3q7RiY.jpg

I see it more 433 with Bacuna in midfield and Ayew and McCormack either side of Rudi

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

My point is that our squad is so weak that we have no option. Me personally would play amavi but I understand why. Doesn't stop me being frustrated that we're still persisting with professional footballers that can't perform the very basics of skills.

it's not news though is it? why the frustration after seeing the line up?

1 minute ago, bose said:

It's the first game of the season, lets back a bit off with the negativity until we've at least played a few minutes.

What if we concede in the first few seconds? How will we be optimistic then?

Just now, Pilchard said:

It also shows we aren't too far away from a half decent team - central defender, ball winner in the middle and another striker.....

Going by that line up, I'd want a rb, a cb, a lb, 3 midfielders and a forward. It really is a long way from where we need to be imo. 

Very alarming that one of our big hopes for the season, grealish, can't get in the team. There maybe a few reasons for this but, being logical, it's probably because he isn't very good..... as a lot of us feared last season.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Right, I'm going to make a conscious decision to be positive.

Come on you Villa boys!

We say this all the time as Villa fans. What was it about insanity being doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? Villa slowly eating away at our sanity :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

We say this all the time as Villa fans. What was it about insanity being doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? Villa slowly eating away at our sanity :lol: 

Ha ha, I think it's called being in love; you do stupid irrational things, and it hurts like hell... But you can't turn it off!

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Going by that line up, I'd want a rb, a cb, a lb, 3 midfielders and a forward. It really is a long way from where we need to be imo. 

Very alarming that one of our big hopes for the season, grealish, can't get in the team. There maybe a few reasons for this but, being logical, it's probably because he isn't very good..... as a lot of us feared last season.

We've got a really tough first five games.i think we'll have a good idea about this team then.

You are right though. I was getting a bit optimistic then but you've brought me back to ground :D