The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Where about you going ? 

I reckon @Seat68 is off to Butlins Minehead to relive his youth. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

At Brean. It's like a bloody suburb of Birmingham. Is Brean to Birmingham what Barmouth is to Wolverhampton? 

Been there the last two years. I enjoy it there, and on a clear day you can see @chrisp65 pissing in the bushes.

• Like 1

Goddamn Brean. Had to go there all the time as a kid as parents didn't like Weston. I hated it. Could never go in the sea and you could die if you tried. 

I'll go back one day to see if it's still the same although I can hardly remember the actual town itself. Do yourself a favour and sack it off, go to Clevedon instead.

Yeah I didn't go to Weston until I went with a GF in my 20's and thought why the hell didn't Mom and Dad take us here? It isn't great but I'll always have a soft spot for it. It is what it is. Brum on Sea. My favourite spot is by the tidal pool bit with the sea walkway and then there's a lovely spot down the opposite end in the next little town called Uphill that's a good little walk to the top of the hill where the church is. Lovely views from up there over the boating lake over to Brean and the down itself.

I definitely need to revisit Brean though and see if my negative memories are fair or not.

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I get here and I could be in the bloody Dome. 

Good times!

Until the lights went on at the end and you saw what you ended up with!

• Haha 2

Doesn't matter where I go on holiday, place/time etc... I always bump into either someone I know, a villa fan or a brummie. We get everywhere. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I went to Aberystwyth the other month and it was the same there. Full of West Midlands folk. 

Birmingham-on-Sea.

The gag in the town used to be that it was the last stop from New Street that pissed Brummies would get kicked off the train at.

Particularly so at the late May bank holiday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 40, unfit and 3st overweight, and this weekend I'm attempting crib goch in Snowdon. 

I'm bricking it, nice knowing you all. 

Â