Ian Taylor

sidcow

12 hours ago, useless said:

I don't think he actually left to come back. Maybe he'll be used a lot more now though. Especially with Little advising as well.

Actually you might be right. Looking back it seems Lee Hendrie replaced him as ambassador on the 2014 pre season tour because Lambert was unhappy about something he wrote.  Maybe he has been back in since Lambert left though I can't recall seeing him on the O/S much. 

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not only did we win, but I got to meet my favourite ever player today. I actually touched him too!

Remarkable day.

Any one else nostalgic for the days when fans used to bite the players instead of just touching them? 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2016 at 09:46, sidcow said:

Actually you might be right. Looking back it seems Lee Hendrie replaced him as ambassador on the 2014 pre season tour because Lambert was unhappy about something he wrote.  Maybe he has been back in since Lambert left though I can't recall seeing him on the O/S much. 

There was a brief flurry around the 2014/5 pre-season tour to the US. Taylor was due to travel with the squad but was replaced at short notice by Lee Hendrie. Press speculation was that Taylor had been stood down by Lambert who objected to Taylor's comments at the end of the 2013/4 seaon that Villa deserved better than constant relegation battles. (Good job Lambert didn't read Villatalk too much :)).

However Lee Hendrie denied there had been a rift with Tayls and IT was working as Villa Ambassador again by November 2014, although he made clear he was not that close to Lambert.

I think the difference now is that "Villa Ambassador" was quite a limited role and Tayls canvassed for a bigger role with the new owners.

Looks like he got it.

• 2 years later...
Â