80s Party!

dAVe80

I have gone through the entire thread to see if this has been posted.

Unless it’s one of the posts where the link has gone, I don’t think it has been.

So I guess this is either overlooked or folk don’t much care for it. I’m rather fond of it.

I don’t drive a Renault.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Unless it’s one of the posts where the link has gone, I don’t think it has been.

So I guess this is either overlooked or folk don’t much care for it. I’m rather fond of it.

I don’t drive a Renault.

I like it a lot. I also love his version of Rip Tide. This is his best solo work though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t drive a Renault.

Totally ace song. Great choice. So many songs to choose from you're always going to miss some goodies. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I like it a lot. I also love his version of Rip Tide. This is his best solo work though. 

Yeah I haven’t really attempted to listen to Palmer’s stuff, because I have the feeling (rightly or wrongly) that Johnny & Mary is the outlier that I really like.

I obviously know Addicted to Love and Simply Irresistible, I have the hunch his stuff overall is closer in tone to those, or that I’d like it as much I do them. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

People often think that the bass line is sampled from Cavern by Liquid Liquid. it isn't. It's totally stolen from that song but was played by Doug Wimbish. Wimbish / Skip McDonald / Keith le Blanc, the Sugarhill Records house band who then left and became the On-U Sound house band aka the Maffia / Tackhead et al.

Just thought you'd like some Music Snob trivia :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

That song will forever take me back to the Shrewsbury Arms, in Albrighton. That and Lovecats by the Cure

Ahh shit. Apologies for posting that up then😂😂

• Like 1

Any body know this 'band' ? The keyboard player was in 'Marshall Hain' who had a big hit in the 70's (IIRC). There were some top American session players on this track; including Rick Derringer , Jeff Porcaro and Chuck Rainey.

Â