80s Party!

dAVe80

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You need your ears syringing or something

And Robert Smith needs to not say that he ripped off the chord structure whilst I’m having it done  😛

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

And Robert Smith needs to not say that he ripped off the chord structure whilst I’m having it done  😛

You realise the citation for that non-quote leads to another wiki page?

Anyways . Just Heaven. Bobs favourite Cure cover version (and the cover displayed is not the cover of the single)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyways . Just Heaven. Bobs favourite Cure cover version (and the cover displayed is not the cover of the single)

Nothing to do with Wiki , but anyways  , suffice  to say I’ll take Smiths word for it over your non syringed ears 😛

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have this and love the abruptness of the ending. It's a favourite anyway but rate it as an all time great cover.

Fat Bob says that it's basically a steal of Chas and Dave's Gertcha. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 19:24, blandy said:

They were at their best with John Foxx, IMO. Dwtime (above) is about the last good ultravox single, I reckon. Not got it any more, but the long version was best.

Underpants!

Remember seeing him live in Birmingham. pissed off that he didn't come on until about 1 am and remember the place was full of junkies shooting up heroine. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

God bless you @Xela. It's like you're on an 80's crusade. Respect. 

I grew up as a teenager in the 90s and loved - was 16 in 1995 and the Brit Pop explosion. Great times. 

However, I do sometimes wish I'd been born a decade earlier though to experience the 80s growing up - from Villa's success to the new romantic era, right though to the second summer of love and acid house etc. What an eclectic decade it was! 

I look at the last 10 years and think **** all has changed. It's all a bit dull now. 

Edited by Xela

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I saw him in Syracuse, NY on that tour.   Great show.   I wish I could have seen him a couple of years earlier, though, when he was still New Wave-y and was full of raw energy.   He still played a bunch of earlier songs, but it wasn’t the same atmosphere as I’ve seen on videos from a few years prior.

• Like 1

Â