80s Party!

dAVe80

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I've not seen your entire music collection , but  I'd have thought you'd like some of these 80's (ish bands ) , in keeping with the thread name

The Cure , Suede , Depeche Mode  ,The Clash  ,The Jam .... ,I'll include Blur & Radiohead though I'm not a fan of either particularly

I'm sure there are more  ....

There's liking bands, then there's going out of your way to listen to them, FWIW:

The Cure -  really liked them as a kid, have a couple of old LPs knocking about but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them now. 

Suede, liked a few of the singles while at uni, but mostly, meh.

Depeche Mode - never really into them at all.

The Clash - a bit before my time, but not my cup of tea whatsoever. Can't stand them. 

The Jam - Again, before my time. Like the big hits, never owned an album by them.

Blur - a bit too Mockney for me.

Radiohead - life's too short for Radiohead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

See, I like the Art of Noise, I think they were quite innovative, then I remember Paul Morley was involved

That godawful version of Kiss they did with Tom Jones should be burned with fire. I'd say that was probably the worst song of the 1980s.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Risso said:

That godawful version of Kiss they did with Tom Jones should be burned with fire. I'd say that was probably the worst song of the 1980s.

Well yes it was awful but it's still not Under Pressure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Well yes it was awful but it's still not Under Pressure

We'll have to agree to disagree, but it's worse by about a million percent! I'm no fan of Queen (obviously), but that's probably their most palatable song, thanks of course to Bowie's presence. Obviously a memorable bassline as well.

That Kiss effort, is just horrific. 

Crime number 1 - murdering a Prince track

Crime number 2 - Tom Jones

Crime number 3 - shit trumpet bits all the way through

Crime number 4 - horrendous Stock, Aitken and Waterman style video.

The prosecution rests m'lud.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

We'll have to agree to disagree, but it's worse by about a million percent! I'm no fan of Queen (obviously), but that's probably their most palatable song, thanks of course to Bowie's presence. Obviously a memorable bassline as well.

That Kiss effort, is just horrific. 

Crime number 1 - murdering a Prince track

Crime number 2 - Tom Jones

Crime number 3 - shit trumpet bits all the way through

Crime number 4 - horrendous Stock, Aitken and Waterman style video.

The prosecution rests m'lud.

So where do you stand on the Age of Chance?

8 hours ago, bickster said:

So where do you stand on the Age of Chance?

Don’t **** bring age of chance into this I like Risso and if he starts shitting on Age of Chance it will taint my view. 

• Like 2

I don't remember anything else Age of Chance did, other than the Kiss cover, which wasn't nearly as bad as the Art of Noise one.

By the way, is it just me, or are the Youtube clips on here absolutely massive? Any reason they fill the whole screen?

37 minutes ago, Risso said:

don't remember anything else Age of Chance did, other than the Kiss cover, which wasn't nearly as bad as the Art of Noise one.

It was their only hit but they did do a good cover of Disco Inferno and the track Motorcity was decent

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

1980, the year Bowie became shit for at least 2 decades

I didn't mind the " Lets Dance" era stuff from 1983 , but don't think I've listened to anything he released since then    ..

(the video I linked wasn't Bowie in case you didn't click on it )

Â