80s Party!

dAVe80

On 19/06/2022 at 17:05, Mark Albrighton said:

I have gone through the entire thread to see if this has been posted.

Unless it’s one of the posts where the link has gone, I don’t think it has been.

So I guess this is either overlooked or folk don’t much care for it. I’m rather fond of it.

I don’t drive a Renault.

It's a great song.

Love the adverts as well. Nice bit of nostalgia. 

Nicole is still hot today! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ultravox were very much my favourite band in the 80's. Went to every show they did from 1983 till they split. Plus I allowed Midge Ure to bore me for a few concerts as well. 

I even bought "The Bloodied Sword" which is some weird shit.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ultravox were very much my favourite band in the 80's. Went to every show they did from 1983 till they split. Plus I allowed Midge Ure to bore me for a few concerts as well. 

They were at their best with John Foxx, IMO. Dwtime (above) is about the last good ultravox single, I reckon. Not got it any more, but the long version was best.

Underpants!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The best thing about this thread is there will be loads of posters grumpy about each new post 😂

Every time I see it marked as unread I think who has posted shit music. So yes, I am actually grumpy about each new post. 

• Haha 1

On 21/06/2022 at 16:51, bickster said:

Interesting factoid. The tune was written first as it was used as a theme song in this French TV Show before Smith actually finished the Lyrics

Very much influenced by this from the sounds of things 

Â