Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Not sure about Bond, never heard of Battara but has a good name and I hope he is a batterer with our squad.  Marchesi has a good reputation though.  Happy with Clarke

I'd just like to know who has remained at the club and make sure the likes of Black has gone for example.  So an announcement on the full coaching / scouting set up would be nice

Just now, Richard said:

I'd just like to know who has remained at the club and make sure the likes of Black has gone for example.  So an announcement on the full coaching / scouting set up would be nice

Is there any indication that Black is actually a bad coach? All we know is that he's a terrible manager.

Just now, Mantis said:

Is there any indication that Black is actually a bad coach? All we know is that he's a terrible manager.

and a link to an appalling bad period in our history.  He needs to be removed for that alone.  Clean slate, start afresh no stale smell of last season

• Like 3

I'm rarely this negative about anyone at Villa but Black has to go. He's ruined his reputation with Villa and I just cannot take him seriously now I know how absolutely inept he is.

He might be the best coach in the Championship but I'd still want shot of him. We can't have any remnants of his disastrous time at the club.

49 minutes ago, Richard said:

I have doubts over his ability to rebuild a club.  That includes playing squad, philosophy and style.  But he is here and time will show whether or not he can ,  by god he needs to be successful or we are fecked.  Good luck and get to work quickly

Reservations about this appointment. Hasn't rebuilt a club - his medal haul seems to be a case of being in the right place and the right time. I know there are all sorts of reasons why - but he's never stayed anywhere long than 2 seasons. TBF he got the baggies promoted at the first time of asking - and although he brought in a fair few players - the bulk of that team that played - weren't signed by him.

Personally I think we have been down this road before with Houllier and Garde - were a division lower now - so hopefully he will be better than those pair. Needs results and results quickly - I don't want none of this 'taking time' bollshite - he knows the brief.

If he signs a load of overseas namby pamby's thats his call - they have to hit the ground running - if they can't produce by October don't buy em...

Good luck Roberto 

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm rarely this negative about anyone at Villa but Black has to go. He's ruined his reputation with Villa and I just cannot take him seriously now I know how absolutely inept he is.

He might be the best coach in the Championship but I'd still want shot of him. We can't have any remnants of his disastrous time at the club.

I agree we need a clean slate, i expect he will leave but as a respect from the club they might give a separate article to thank him for holding the fort when garde left. He was thrown in deep end but jesus he was terrible. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Di Matteo having his backroom staff ready from the get go is crucial imo.

Very good news this.

Has he worked with any of these guys before ? 

Just asking as the black mark against Pearson was that he couldn't bring his trusted backroom staff. No disrespect to those announced today - but this is new team to RDM..

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just asking as the black mark against Pearson was that he couldn't bring his trusted backroom staff. No disrespect to those announced today - but this is new team to RDM..

For me this is not important. Various managers work with different number 2s. For me for them to agree to come they believe in RDM's vision and thats good enough for me

• Like 1

Not sure, think he worked with Clarke & Battara?

He worked with the goalkeeping coach at Schalke I believe. Did he play with Clarke at Chelsea? Not sure about Bond or the Sheikh of fitness though. 

Â