Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder what our Bobby is upto today? Hopefully he's not just buying stationary for his new office desk and he's hard at work plotting our revolution! 

I dunno if it happened today or when he got in yesterday but he's already told Tony Parks to pack his bags, he was of course our goalkeeping coach.. I wonder what he was doing for the last year cause he certainly wasn't making Guzan a better keeper that's for sure.  

2 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Probably an above par managerial signing with Steve Clarke. Bit of a sad realisation of our predicament celebrating having two former (fired) WBA managers here though.

Certainly that's inconsequential to what a) RDM did at the Baggies and all his other clubs (50% win ratio would do me fine) and b ) Steve Clarkes reputation as an assistant / coach

This isn't Alex McLeish we are being subjected to

• Like 1

He looked really happy about getting the job when being driven into Bodymoor Heath yesterday. I hope he looks as happy at the end of the last game of the coming season. Good luck RDM, enjoy watching the DVDs of last season's games over the weekend and try to keep smiling! 

32 minutes ago, John said:

He looked really happy about getting the job when being driven into Bodymoor Heath yesterday. I hope he looks as happy at the end of the last game of the coming season. Good luck RDM, enjoy watching the DVDs of last season's games over the weekend and try to keep smiling! 

They usually end up leaving here looking rough as hell don't they?

After Season 1:

AGEROBERTO.jpg

Lambert actually reverse aged after he left us! lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

I think we also have to bear in mind that when he was sacked by Chelsea they were third in the Premier League table, and only four points behind then leaders Manchester City who they were due to play at home the following week so had the potential to go just 1 point off the lead in the PL.  

It's fair to say he was sacked by Chelsea for failing to get out of the Champions League group stages and that's harsh bearing in mind he won it for them the previous season. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

SSN also saying Clarke nailed on to be confirmed Monday. Very very happy.

It's a coup to get someone who has managed in their own right to come in as assistant. I can only imagine that he was impressed by what Hollis/Dr T have outlined for the future in terms of the budget and where Dr T wants us to be.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think we also have to bear in mind that when he was sacked by Chelsea they were third in the Premier League table, and only four points behind then leaders Manchester City who they were due to play at home the following week so had the potential to go just 1 point off the lead in the PL.  

It's fair to say he was sacked by Chelsea for failing to get out of the Champions League group stages and that's harsh bearing in mind he won it for them the previous season. 

I think it's got to be remember that Abramovic never really wanted to keep Di Matteo on, he was a fill in for the rest of the season and would normally have just left, like Hiddink.  It was his success that meant he stayed on, but it wouldn't really have taken much for Roman to pull the trigger.  If he was a more high profile manager he would have got more time I'm sure.

• Like 3

and he will walk in january if we dont get the new chairman in on time or even at all, therell be no money to improve the first team, nobody can work with the dross at this club at the moment.

On 6/3/2016 at 11:56, AndyC said:

it is funny how people keep forgetting how shit we have been, do people think the worlds greatest managers are knocking on our door for a job? We are lucky to get RDM in our current state, lets get behind him.

welcome RDM

I absolutely agree, and can I just note how much I enjoyed your work on 'Drum & Bass Arena'. 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2016 at 14:49, The Moustache of Teale said:

My optimism is the highest it's been for years where Villa are concerned.

RDM - good

Steve Clarke - it's getting better

Billionaire owner - happy days!

Throw in Mr Muscle, who will love the jobs everyone else hates and it's got to be good times ahead.

wouldn't mind seeing Gianfranco Zola maybe as a coach!! Imagine that RDM, Clarke, Mr Muscle and Zola!!

Â