Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

He is not exactly going to come out and say "Well I wanted the Villa job, but they got rich new owners and chose a more shiny manager so i said f*ck it i'll come here" is he?

I think he was moaning about the "no strangling the opposition players" policy.

Not particularly excited about this appointment but what can we expect in the Championship? Worrying that Di Matteo has had one season in 4 years and failed miserably. No idea how this is going to turn out.

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Not particularly excited about this appointment but what can we expect in the Championship? Worrying that Di Matteo has had one season in 4 years and failed miserably. No idea how this is going to turn out.

Would you have had any idea if it had been Pearson or Moyes? I know I wouldn't have.

Who knows how Pearson will have fared without his backroom staff.

Moyes has failed in his last two jobs and is a long time since he managed in the Championship

RDM seems young, hungry, determined and respected.

If anyone can say that any one of those three (or indeed anyone else) was the nailed on best bet, then I salute them.

16 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Would hate to see your reaction if we'd hired a bad manager.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R.Bear said:

It'll be either good or bad or maybe somewhere in between ;)

Best of luck to Di Matteo. Now it is essential that the right backroom team is assembled to make sure we have the greatest chance of going back up.

He certainly wouldn't have been my first choice but I'm keen to see how he gets on and will support him until he proves he is incapable of doing the required job.

47 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Welcome Roberto (and Steve, fingers crossed)

I think this is a fantastic appointment for us. Do you think they realise we are in the championship? 

I hope so, otherwise its quite a terrible start...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder what our Bobby is upto today? Hopefully he's not just buying stationary for his new office desk and he's hard at work plotting our revolution! 

Hopefully he's drawing up a few "For Sale" signs to hang around the necks of our players.

Â