Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

51 minutes ago, Daweii said:

29 years since we started the 1987 season in Division 2. I was 1 month old when we were promoted back to Division 1. It's been a long ass time, but thanks to alphabetical order when they do update the tables we'll be starting in 1st place so only 21st in English Football. We'll be back in our rightful place soon enough. 

Glory Hunter :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

My optimism is the highest it's been for years where Villa are concerned.

RDM - good

Steve Clarke - it's getting better

Billionaire owner - happy days!

Throw in Mr Muscle, who will love the jobs everyone else hates and it's got to be good times ahead.

Who is this Mr muscle guy...i hope its not this guy..at least the dressing room will be clean..pifIqJ7.jpg

Edited by OLDVILLAIN

27 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

He'd come in handy at removing the build up of scum we have at the club.

And clearing the drain on our wage budget.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Very happy with this. Feeling good about it. 

But then I said the same when Lambert joined and Sherwood was kept on over the summer. Also was very optimistic when Garde joined. let's hope this time it's different. 

Of course you're right, but I'd never let that dampen my initial enthusiasm. 

That's a general life rule for me anyway. That rush that comes with a new idea or upon meeting a new person who excites you, there's nothing quite like it. When it comes to football, it should be even more so a given. What have we got to lose by turning ourselves over to the romanticism, aside from a few internet reputation points?

All hail the new Messiah. 

Welcome to the club Roberto. The only club that truly matters.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Very interesting read here 

An interesting read indeed.

From that article and other information (anecdotal or otherwise) it sounds like Di Matteo, whilst always coming across as a decent bloke, also has a quiet, steely and determined attitude to management. He doesn't sound like a walkover. 

As others have said elsewhere, I'm not going to get too carried away as I've found myself being positive on the appointments of Garde, Sherwood and Lambert.

But on closer inspection, it looks like there's a bit more substance to Di Matteo than just being a nice guy who took over Chelsea at the right time.

Welcome Roberto.

• Like 1

Yeah.  That really is a great read and gives you a lot of insight about the man and how he thinks.  He has a bit more edge than I assumed and I love the stuff about his hunger and ambition (“I need to know its an ambitious club with a target that I can fulfill”).  Clearly has a lot of tactical nous, knows how to win games and get the best out of players.  Very happy with his appointment right now and if we can get Steve Clarke locked in as well I will be over the moon. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bringbackbigron said:

See Nigel Pearson already blowing hot air out of his **** about why he didn't take the job. 

He is not exactly going to come out and say "Well I wanted the Villa job, but they got rich new owners and chose a more shiny manager so i said f*ck it i'll come here" is he?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â