Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Part of me is glad we are getting embarrassed in this one. Tony Xia **** up massively by bringing this utter clown into our club, always was the wrong decision and that has been proved by the utterly horrific job he has done, the results have been appalling, our position in the league is unforgivable and he has given us close to zero positive in his time here. 

If we would have won this it would have put a mere band aid over the gaping wound that is RDM. Better for him to go today, and us actually bring in a real manager, rather than a fraud. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Time for Tony to make the call this evening and get him gone. He then needs to take a back seat and not be as involved in choosing who is the next manager. Tony was very proactive in the recruitment of dimatteo. He's got it horribly wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Club is absolutely rotten and poisonous to the core but there's still no excusing this.

How can it be?

We have changed the ownership, the staff, the squad, the coaching team, the infra-structure?

Unless you mean the ground and training facilities are literally rotten?

We have everything in place now to succeed at this level, Xia has just dropped a bollock hiring an utter retard.

Easily rectified in one action.

• Like 4

He's an absolute arsehole. He's not doing his job. He's clearly not doing his best for the football club. It's been 11 games and he's given up. He's not a nice bloke as far as I'm concerned.

Cya Roberto, worst manager in our history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

How can it be?

We have changed the ownership, the staff, the squad, the coaching team, the infra-structure?

We have everything in place now to succeed at this level, Xia has just dropped a bollock hiring an utter retard.

Apart from a good squad of players, which is the most important bit

Dead man walking right now. That's the worst half of football from a Villa team that I've seen in a long time. BUT, nobody can deny that individual errors from players have caused this today. Jedinak played the perfect through ball for their first. Westwood lost control and fell over for their second. Numerous other chances came because of errors at the back. Only Cissokho of the back five could take any credit from the first half. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I really don't think it is, I think the manager is so utterly hopeless and is 90% of the problem

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How can it be?

I've been through this already. There's a culture of defeat and weakness at the club. It's been there for years. The very fact that we've changed so much and yet we're still so awful only strengthens my point.

RDM is of course part of the problem. He's clearly not up to the job but he's not the whole problem. As usual with VT though it seems there is little middle ground with many.

Â