Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

4 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Its bad when sacking a manager 7 games in doesnt seem that ridiculous of an idea tbh.

its only ridiculous, if they are good enough....if they arn't, why hang around.

I would suspect, Dr Tone will want some answers......Those answers will be feasible or pie in the sky.....We shall see.

Still haven't forgiven the prick for scoring against us in the 2000 FA cup final...

Now he has us hanging on for a draw at home against the footballing titans that are Brentford....

Christ we have fallen a long way...

Yes, I want instant success after spending loads of money.... Man City fans bloody got it in the Premier League.... Why can't we in the league below?!?

I couldn't get to the game tonight so can't comment on this particular performance, but I haven't liked the 4-4-2 since pre-season and I hope it changes soon. We don't have proper wingers and despite all the signings I still feel as though we are still set up to play in the 4-3-3 Lambert utilised. We've signed some good players until RDM but the squad is still unbalanced.

• Like 1

Amavi coming on lw was strange, he looked lost out there. Gardner coming on probably was needed to pack midfield.....But.. What the hell does he say at half time? "It's ok lads put your feet up this games won" it's a joke! Why were we sitting so far back all second half. So frustrating 

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

lol no they didn't

they finished 10th and then 5th during the first two years of being brought. It took them three years to be a top 4 club

Yeah.... in the Premier League... Playing United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc etc...

We on the other hand have to play Bristol, Rotherham and Brentford...

Of which only 1 we have beaten so far this season... After outspending all three of them combined....

Jesus, we have probably spend more on transfers than the combined values of all of their stadia!

8 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Wrong choice in the summer.

We can't get rid after seven games. It'd be mental. They made the choice, their first choice too we are told. Have to stick with it now.

Eight games for RDM.   7 games in the league.

but yes i agree, got to stick with RDM for a bit longer.  

But hoping that Xia is already planning ahead and sorting out the next manager if the worst is required.

Same old broken record "frustrated" Di Matteo post match interview 

Looks as wooden and as lame as Lambert was during his tenure i thought we moved past this when the Dr took charge

Edited by AshVilla

Hopefully Tony won't tolerate the usual we were unlucky lines, we've got the players, RDM just isn't the man for the job, completely uninspiring manager, Rowett has worked wonders with the shit he's got down the road, he could get the best out of our players, go get him and derail them words removed in the process.

I have been really supportive of him so far but tonight he got it badly wrong for me. After we scored in the first half we were in the main poor and I felt half time came at a good time for us and RDM could sort it out. Right from the kick off in the second half though we sat way too deep with Kodija and Amavi starting position in our own half and then inevitably spending way too much time tracking back and not pushing Brentfords full backs back. We were inviting pressure. In the end a draw was the most we deserved and Brentford fancied the win more than us.

Despite overall performances deserving more than 7 points the bottom line is that is what we have and it isn't good enough. Week after week we are failing to see out games and the manager for me is responsible for that. He has to get the team to play further up the pitch for the whole game and stop sitting so deep and inviting teams onto us.

I am not saying it is the right thing to do but if we don't get a win in the next three games, then much like Sherwood, I see Di Matteo getting sacked 10 games into the season. Xia doesn't strike me as a patient man.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I have been really supportive of him so far but tonight he got it badly wrong for me. After we scored in the first half we were in the main poor and I felt half time came at a good time for us and RDM could sort it out. Right from the kick off in the second half though we sat way too deep with Kodija and Amavi starting position in our own half and then inevitably spending way too much time tracking back and not pushing Brentfords full backs back. We were inviting pressure. In the end a draw was the most we deserved and Brentford fancied the win more than us.

Despite overall performances deserving more than 7 points the bottom line is that is what we have and it isn't good enough. Week after week we are failing to see out games and the manager for me is responsible for that has he has to get the team to play further up the pitch for the whole game and stop sitting so deep and inviting teams onto us.

I am not saying it is the right thing to do but if we don't get a win in the next three games, then much like Sherwood, I see Di Matteo getting sacked 10 games into the season. Xia doesn't strike me as a patient man.

Can't argue with any of that.

Â