Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't we all think this would take time in the summer? Has the money really gone to our heads that much?

No I didn't think it would take time - I thought that we would never be outside the top 8 and would improve as the season went on. I didn't think we would be on 7 points after 7 games and looking down rather than up

I'm not sure of what your "money" comment means but spending £50m in this division should almost g'tee at least a top 6 position

RDM did a poor job of recruitment (IMO) by neglecting to reinforce the midfield sufficiently. For me he needs to turn it around next time out. Im not happy to limp along with him and write the season off

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Who else is an option, guys?

Gary Rowett.

As well as doing a fine job at Blues, he is also a Villa fan.

Edited by av1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yep. I could probably just about accept these results but it's the way in which the same **** things happens every game, right down to the exact minutes of the late equalisers almost.

So when is this going to become a universal opinion....and not just a bunch of killjoys.

8 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I still think RDM should be given another 5 games to turn things around. If less than 2-3 wins in 5 games, he is out.

I was hoping Pellegrini can come to Villa, but he clearly wants more money than what can be offered in this league. Who else is an option, guys?

Well Tony, not sure on coaches personally. Glad to see your ambition with trying to get Pellegrini in though.

If I may also add tough that these 2-3 wins need to be convincing. I don't want to see a team go 1 up inside 10 mins and look to defend that lead for the rest of the game. Especially with the league's best strikers up front. We're a big fish in a small pond here. We need to kill them off. We need to be ruthless. We're Aston Villa ffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yep. I could probably just about accept these results but it's the way in which the same **** things happens every game, right down to the exact minutes of the late equalisers almost.

Oh come on that's not fair. It's not exact minutes at all. It's 85,86 and 87.

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

No I didn't think it would take time - I thought that we would never be outside the top 8 and would improve as the season went on. I didn't think we would be on 7 points after 7 games and looking down rather than up

I'm not sure of what your "money" comment means but spending £50m in this division should almost g'tee at least a top 6 position

Honestly? I think your expectations on a complete turnaround from third worst PL team ever to never outside the top 8 the next season are a bit unrealistic. To expect an almost entirely new starting eleven to be gelling and playing that consistently early on is a bit much. It can happen for sure - but it's very much unlikely.

My "money" comment means exactly what it sounds like. We spent loads of money so we should be winning games straight away. Because we've thrown the money round, and not looking at anything else at all. 

Want it now, want it now. 

Edited by bobzy

I would think that Xia has already started the search... he'll be planning ahead in case he needs to pull the trigger in 2/5/10/20 games.

I think RDM needs to get at least 2 convincing wins in the next 4 matches to stop Xia sacking him.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sorry, I would totally agree if it we'rent for the midfield, everybody and their mother knew/knows how weak this is. We should have gone for another! Gardner is pants.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

On route back from VP and can honestly say that performance was abysmal.

I didn't want RDM, I thought he was the wrong man for the job and I've seen nothing so far to do anything other than convince me I was right.

That second half was a disgrace, I don't care how long he has been in the job, the difficulties, the changes or whatever else people may wish to offer.

People will say it's too soon to say but for me I see no reason to stick with him.

I never seen the game tonight, so I am not in a position to talk from the heart or the head.

I do respect your opinion and its good enough for me.

Its not gonna get any better, he simply doesnt know what to do. Hes been given the best possible tools by the chairman, there is no excuse. 4 strikers? I mean wtf is that all about. So unbalanced. He just cant see whats in front of him. How can someone who has been in football so long serve up that pile of shit. Im so angry right now

Surely we have learned from Lambert, Garde e.t.c sticking with a manager who is clearly out his depth isn't going to work

Since RDM last managed in this division things have changed he hasn't

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Honestly? I think your expectations on a complete turnaround from third worst PL team ever to never outside the top 8 the next season are a bit unrealistic. To expect an almost entirely new starting eleven to be gelling and playing that consistently early on is a bit much. It can happen for sure - but it's very much unlikely.

My "money" comment means exactly what it sounds like. We spent loads of money so we should be winning games straight away. Because we've thrown the money round, and not looking at anything else at all. 

Want it now, want it now. 

I DO want it now - or do you think that the "money has gone to my head" wanting to compete with footballing giants such as Huddersfield, Brentford and Barnsley?

Should we be in the top 8 by now? of course we should. There is no way that a team who has spent the kind of money we have should be 2 points below Burton, even at this early stage

I'm sure DrX will not be as patient as you seem to be

• Like 1

Â